March 29, 2024, 03:47:11 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How to manage 2 Nexus 7s?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline markmcg

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
How to manage 2 Nexus 7s?
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
Hi,
I would like to buy another N7 (for my daughter - special needs). I created another gmail account in my name, but can't seem to link them prior to me buying another.

My questions...

1. Do I have to do this or can I buy another N7?
2. What is the best way to manage this N7 (I need to do it)?
3. Can I have the apps purchased (kids ones) on my original also link to this one too?

Any advice much appreciated.

TIA

Mark

JayJ

Re: How to manage 2 Nexus 7s?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
You can run many devices on a Google account, whether there is a limit I don't know but atm I have my SGS2 and my N7 on the same Gmail account.
Apps that are purchased on your account can only be installed if your account is on the device, not sure whether it has to be the primary account or not though.

When you've received the second N7 just add the account with the apps you want installed on the second N7, just be warned that the primary account cannot be removed without a factory data reset which will wipe all applications and the internal user memory.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:08:25 PM by JayJ »

Offline tsruggles

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »
You may want to create a new account for the new tablet. It's the best way to ensure that you receive any applicable play store credits and free content.

After confirming whether or not you received the credit, then you can add any existing account to the tablet and switch between them freely.

Double check the fine print regarding the $25 credit and such to be sure in any event.

Also, last time I checked, you cannot link or merge gmail accounts. You can have multiple accounts on one device.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:14:42 PM by tsruggles »

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
I used an existing account on my N7, the same account I use on my current Android phone and my previous Android phone.
I had no problems with the credit being added to that account!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman