March 28, 2024, 03:25:01 PM

collapse

Author Topic: DVD conversion software suggestions...  (Read 2218 times)

JayJ

DVD conversion software suggestions...
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
Hey guys,

I need some help and advice, I own a rather large DVD collection and I want to watch them on my N7 rather than carry my portable DVD player around.

Please don't get me wrong here, I have no interest in burning DVD's to make money, I just want to digitize my existing collection to utilize on my N7.

I'm looking for something easy to use, don't want any complex settings but happy to be able to select format and bitrate etc. I'd prefer an all in one decrypter/converter and free would be great if possible.

Will be using MX Player for playback which I have already installed.

Advice and suggestions grant received.

Thanks for looking!

JayJ.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: DVD conversion software suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
It is a no brainer DVD Catalyst 4 at This Link is you best option. It even reportedly works with "Any DVD", though I have not tried Any DVD.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:35 PM »
Thanks Prime, I'll give DVD Catalyst 4 a go. I tried Any DVD (trial), couldn't get it to work properly?

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »
Well I've ended up with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, I tried the trial and really liked it plus it made mincemeat of the copy protection on Avengers, The hunger Games, Thor and other newer DVD's. A little more expensive than DVD Catalyst 4 but I am very happy with what I got for my money so if anybody is looking for DVD Decrypter/Ripper/Converter/Backup software then I highly recommend WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
Circumventing copy protection, is the choice of the individual and I agree with JayJ, that there are multiple ways to accomplish it, but I refrain from comment that appears to support it. Hopefully my reference to Anydvd did not indicate otherwise.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
This is for personal use only, as I said above I have an extensive range of DVD's and I am simply not paying for them again. Movie studios attempts at including digital copies of movies are limited, limits use and the ability to watch on anything other than their dedicated applications.
I understand that bypassing copy protection whilst is not illegal in itself could be then used for illegal purposes, this is not my intention though.

Thanks.

Offline commodore128

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
all though a bit behind on this link. lots of DVD rippers/converters are usually offered for free on giveawayoftheday. just got winx dvd ripper about 3 weeks ago.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 01:34:45 PM »
I found DVDfab to be very user friendly and supports all formats. I've had luck using this software to convert codecs and formats that were falling elsewhere.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »
I feel strongly towards DVDcat and talk to the programmer of it it directly. He is one of the nicest guys I know and will help you immediately with any questions.

Offline Rusty

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 08:17:34 AM »
I feel strongly towards DVDcat and talk to the programmer of it it directly. He is one of the nicest guys I know and will help you immediately with any questions.

I totally agree--I am tech challenged & Mitch walked me though the procedure by emails, he wouldn't quit until he was satisfied I got it.  Great guy.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman