April 19, 2024, 10:25:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: First time tablet user  (Read 1430 times)

Offline becketma

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
First time tablet user
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
Hello from HOT Tucson AZ.  This is my first tablet; as such, everything is confusing—I'm at the beginning of the learning curve.

My planned use is to play music I've recorded via blue tooth, to my head set, when I'm riding my motorcycle.  On mc trips, I plan rain routes and not-raining routes. Each morning I decide what city I want to ride to and then check out motel rates.  I usually make a reservation at a hotel that allows me to cancel with out a penalty if I don't make it there or wind up going farther than anticipated.

All of that involves surfing the net for information, including making the reservation. 

Also, I will be testing out the GPS, comparing it to my Garmin unit.  My hope is to someday replace the Garmin GPS with a tablet type of unit that I can manipulate via my blue tooth headphone.

Pulling over to the side of a road, including interstates, to make changes to my Garmin GPS is not only  inconvenient but also increases my exposure to being hit.  Voice command will be much safer!

I chose this tablet over others, including units with SIM slots, figuring the faster processor would be better at recalculating driving routes.

Best from Tucson
Bob

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: First time tablet user
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:30:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tucson Bob, I actually lived in Douglas once, beautiful country. Hope you enjoy your N7.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: First time tablet user
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »
Welcome Bob, I miss Tucson....lived in the foothills and especially miss those beautiful Catalina mountains.  The heat, not so much  8)

There are a few threads here about using maps and GPS with the N7.  Enjoy!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman