March 29, 2024, 12:30:17 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Gallery pics from Picasa question  (Read 3817 times)

Offline martyh

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Gallery pics from Picasa question
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Hello,

I'm a new N7 owner. I noticed that the N7 Gallery is full of my Picasa pics; the Picasa pics are all from my Blogger blog. I assume because my Google accounts are linked, thus the Picasa pics in the Gallery.

My question: Are these pics actually stored on the N7? If so, there are hundreds of them and that's a lot of wasted storage for pics I have no desire to keep on my N7.

So, how do I get rid of them?

P.S. I searched the N7 forum for "gallery" but couldn't find anything appropriate; I searched the N7 user guide, which is pretty worthless anyhow, and there was nothing on the gallery that I could find either.

Thanks.
Cheers,
- martyh

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Gallery pics from Picasa question
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:29:24 PM »
Picasa is a cloud based service, so they should not be.  You can check in settings, storage, and look at your picture/video space just to double check.  You can also go to settings, accounts, and uncheck the syncing of Picasa pics.  It won't get rid of what is there, but won't add any more.

Edit:-) :  If they are really bugging you,  remove Google account, reinstall and quickly do step above, and uncheck syncing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 10:44:41 PM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline martyh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Is there any way to just remove the entire Gallery? From what I can tell it's pretty worthless anyhow -- and replace it with a better app?

Thanks again.
- martyh

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:36 AM »
Sure, there are a bunch of apps in the Google playstore if you search "pictures".  Most offer editing also. 

You can disable Gallery in settings, or long press icon and slide to remove button on top of screen.  But I am not sure if it can be uninstalled without rooting since it is part of OS.

For a gallery type replacement, a lot of people like/use JustPictures!.  There is also QuickPic, but I don't think it will sync with Picasa (if that matters).  Good luck!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:13:08 AM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:04 PM »
I've disabled the stock Gallery app and I use QuickPic, much more customizable than the stock Gallery.

Offline martyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
I've disabled the stock Gallery app and I use QuickPic, much more customizable than the stock Gallery.

Thanks for your response, JayJ....

I've checked under Settings>Apps on my N7, but the Gallery app is not listed among all the other apps. So, how do I disable it? (Or, is you N7 rooted and that's how you are able to do this?)

Thanks again.
mh

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 04:12:37 PM »
When you open Apps at the top are tabs, Downloaded, Running and All. Swipe the screen to the left twice to get to the far right tab which is "All" and you'll find the Gallery app there with all the other system apps.

Offline martyh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »
When you open Apps at the top are tabs, Downloaded, Running and All. Swipe the screen to the left twice to get to the far right tab which is "All" and you'll find the Gallery app there with all the other system apps.

Sheesh...Who woulda thought there would be an "All" category on another screen. Thanks! Found it.

Cheers,
- mh

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt