March 29, 2024, 04:29:07 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Need help with titanium backup please.  (Read 1859 times)

Offline norcal618

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Need help with titanium backup please.
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:21:01 AM »
I backed up all my user apps on titanium back up. When I open the file browser on my tablet and look in SD/titanium back up I can see all the back up files there like they should be. The problem is when I plug the tablet into my PC via USB and look in the same folder I see nothing. The titanium back up folder is there but when I open it its empty. I want to copy the back up to my PC so that I can wipe everything and flash a new kernel then restore my apps and settings. The back up files are not visible on my PC and I don't understand why.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with titanium backup please.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:13:02 AM »
You have discovered one of the incompatibilities between MTP and the Windows file system, I generally get around it by using Dropbox.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline norcal618

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
You have discovered one of the incompatibilities between MTP and the Windows file system, I generally get around it by using Dropbox.
Thanks S. Prime. Looks like I'm gonna need to upgrade to the paid version of titanium back up. That was my first thought on how to get around it also. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and causing the tar files not to show up on my windows PC. I even tried on Linux OS and that will only recognize my tablet as a camera.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
The paid version of Titanium is fed worth it, it has more features plus your supporting the dev which I like to do when a developer develops something worth while but you don't need it to back up your backups to Dropbox.
I use Solid Explorer Beta 2 (free), with it you can add cloud storage accounts such Dropbox, Gdrive, Box and Skydrive to.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 12:49:37 PM by JayJ »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts