April 19, 2024, 03:28:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Bootloop, unable to access clockwork mod recovery. No other threads helped.  (Read 2034 times)

Offline pbone771

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hey guys I recently rooted my nexus 7 and started installing roms. After installing a rom with rom manager (which i now know was a bad idea) i was stuck in a bootloop. I knew an easy fix was to get into recovery and flash my clean stock rom which i had backed up with nandroid. I can get to the fastboot screen, but after clicking on recovery mode with the power button all i see is the "Google" boot screen. Not the boot animation, just the white "Google" on a black screen with the lock (unlocked) at the bottom. Is there any way to get around this? I dont think i can use adb because i also installed the stock rom after a similar problem, and forgot to turn usb debugging back on... Is there any way to fix this??

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
The Bootloader failure to go into Recovery mode is a known bug.

If you can detect your N7 from your cabled computer, run the Nexus Root Toolkit v.1.5.2.  Go into Utilities, and run Temp CWM.

If your N7 isn't bricked, install QuickBoot or GooManager.  They'll get you into Recovery.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline pbone771

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Alright, i can now get it into CWM, but i am unable to restore my previous nandroid backup. I get the errors system.img not found. skipping/ data.img, sdcard android_secure.img, and cache.img not found.... i also tried to do a factory reset, and it still gets stuck on the boot logo. which by the way is the CM10 rom.... im in trouble, arnt i?...

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
??? You do have a nandroid directory containing those files, right?  It will have a name consisting of the date and time you made the backup. You should also have made a backup on your computer in addition to the 1 stored on your nexus 7.

Can you grab the o e m rom from the google website and  flash it back?
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

JayJ

Yeah sound like your best bet is to flash a factory image, that will unfortunately wipe the whole device but at least it will work again.

Download Wugfresh's Nexus Toolkit from his website here, the toolkit does have to option to download the factory image but I had problems with it downloading so I downloaded it manually from here. Bottom of the page, "nakasi" for Nexus 7 is the image you want.

Just ask if you have any problems.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts