April 20, 2024, 09:16:39 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Getting Started with N7  (Read 2042 times)

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Getting Started with N7
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
Just purchased an N7 (now available at Sears w/30 day return option --a good deal!).

New to tablets and Android.  Aside from the user guide that came with N7 is there a "getting started" posting on this forum or a recommended web site.  My immediate needs are e-book reader, web browsing, e-mail from ATT/Yahoo,  Skype, must have apps.

I'd like to break free of Google Play and customize N7 to meet my specific (and minimal) needs.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Started with N7
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
Hi gp123, first off welcome to the forum and congrats on picking up your Nexus 7.   I'd suggest you use the search box and do a little scanning of the forum on some of the topics you've listed you want help with.  Most of them already have threads dedicated to them and you'll get a lot if not all of your questions answered that way.   If there's something specific you can't find after searching then start a new topic in the appropriate board and I'm sure some members will try to help you out.   

Also, since this is your 'introductory post' it's really more appropriate for the 'new member introductions' board...which is where I'm going to move it.  Maybe a good place to start along with using the search function and browsing around is to read the Forum Rules as well. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:41:46 AM »
Glad to have you here gp123. You will find a lot of information here on third party apps that will provide the functionality you want.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
Just purchased an N7 (now available at Sears w/30 day return option --a good deal!).

New to tablets and Android.  Aside from the user guide that came with N7 is there a "getting started" posting on this forum or a recommended web site.  My immediate needs are e-book reader, web browsing, e-mail from ATT/Yahoo,  Skype, must have apps.

I'd like to break free of Google Play and customize N7 to meet my specific (and minimal) needs.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

I'll bet that you won't be using the return option for your N7.

I've found that doing a search for "compare android (the program you're looking for) apps" usually brings up many sites that can help you decide on which app would work best for you.

One thing I like about android is that you can try most applications before you spend any money.

I hope my answer hasn't confused you.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 10:38:22 AM »
Hey tnx Tiny, I just tried your search technique and it works great!  Good tip Bud, thumbs up.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman