Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Google Play Account Discussions

Credit card access

<< < (2/3) > >>

tiap:
First, I'm not at all happy with having google have any credit card info, they already have too much personal info and a cc in this cloud thing doesn't really appeal to me.

In setting up the Nexus for my daughter,  that I bought thru google, I used her google id and skipped the cc google play stuff, so there is no CC associated with her Nexus.

In order to download any apps from google, I connected to my pc via cable, logged onto google with my ID and installed the app to the Nexus. Still no CC in the Nexus.

She won't be able to download, unless it's a different free site. She can come to me for any apps.

S.Prime:
With Google Play's credit you still have the option to pay with your credit card. Some users report that it defaults to the Google credit, yet mine defaulted to my credit card and I had to select the Google credit pay option.

norcal618:
I'm read online that with any paid app purchase you have 15 minutes in which you can get a full refund. I don't know if this applies to in app purchases.

Undo:
Seems like it would be simple enough for Google to have an option setting to require a password for purchases. That's what Barnes & Noble does on their Nook. If you set that preference, the Nook requires a password for any B&N Store purchase.

Perhaps Google isn't so smart.

JayJ:
You can set a password, open Google Play and press the three dots at the top and select "Settings".
Now select "Set or change pin" and you'll be promoted to enter a PIN, then you'll be promoted to re-type to confirm.
Then tick " Use PIN for purchases" and your set, a factory data reset will wipe these settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version