April 18, 2024, 12:38:17 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Why The Nexus 7 Will Be A Gaming Powerhouse!  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Why The Nexus 7 Will Be A Gaming Powerhouse!
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »

Two of the great things about the Nexus 7 are its Tegra 3 SOC (system on a chip) and 12 core GeForce GPU.  The combination of these with the 1280x800 IPS screen provides game developers with a level of power that until recently was unimaginable in a portable device like a 7 inch tablet.  In only a matter of a very short few years mobile gaming has gone from simple 'Angry Birds' type cartoon games to sophisticated envelope pushing 3dimensional immersive experiences that frankly are coming very close to rivaling dedicated gaming consoles and desktop computers.   The video below just blows me away when I think that every one of these visual tour-de-forces will run on our new Nexus 7 tablets. 

In addition, several game developers are using the Nexus 7 introduction as an opportunity to really show what this latest generation of hardware can do and so are going back to their code and adding enhanced effects, increased polygon counts and more detail and features to some of their established as well as new games to take advantage of the Nexus 7 and really fulfill the potential of google's new tablet as a gaming device. 

During the Google I/O presentation we all got a chance to see two of these titles, Horn and Dead Trigger.  A number of other titles were actually shown during the conference as well running on the Nexus 7 hardware so I've posted some screenshots as well as gameplay footage here for you to check out.

Beach Buggy Blitz is one title that shows off some of what the Nexus 7 can do.  As the developer describes in the video below, added effects are added to the game and those with the hardware (like the Nexus 7) can take advantage of added textures, water effects etc while keeping the frame rate smooth.

Another game that will be released fairly shortly for the Nexus 7 that is designed to take advantage of the Tegra 3's power is BladeSlinger and you can watch a bit of the game in this clip.

Now a great resource that everyone should become familiar with if you're into gaming and are a Nexus 7 owner is the Tegrazone website at http://tegrazone.com.   Tegrazone is Nvidia's special gaming site where you can find out about the latest Tegra 3 optimized games as well as download titles and share your experience with others. 

Two Tegrazone titles that are being promoted on the site, that are Tegra 3 optimized and are ready to play on your Nexus 7 include 'ShadowGun' and 'Puddle THD'.  Below you'll see some footage of 'ShadowGun' running on a Tegra 3.   Notice the water rippling effects as well as specular lighting that you won't see on non-Tegra 3 versions of the game.  All of these titles and more will be available to run on the Nexus 7 with full graphic details turned on and at fast frame rates.   The combination of the Nexus 7's low price and the cutting edge technology that enables such gaming experiences will in short make the Nexus 7 a gaming powerhouse.  I won't be surprised at all if we see a lot of companies jumping on the Nexus 7 wagon and unveiling all kinds of great titles optimized for the Tegra 3.  In short...this is an amazing time to be a gamer and the Nexus 7 is going to be one awesome gaming tablet.

Source:  www.tegrazone.com
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:20:39 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman