March 29, 2024, 07:42:20 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Skinomi TechSkin - Google Nexus 7 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime  (Read 2560 times)

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
I'd just like to report on the screen protector that I just installed.  As you know, there are quite a few out there already and I can only comment on the SKINOMI without any comparison to other brands.
I like that they claim to have a 'lifetime warranty' however I'm not sure how it would apply to this item...  They also have a toll free number for help if needed.
I ordered it from Amazon Prime so I received it in a couple of days.  It comes with very clear instructions, including a YouTube vid on how to install it.  Using the included lint free cloth, solution, and squeegee I carefully applied the skin.  When finished, there seemed to be smudges or 'water marks' on the screen and I was a tad on the worried side... But, as recommended in the instructions, I didn't turn the N7 on for nearly 24 hours and just let it be.  To my great relief, it now looks nearly perfect and works very nicely!  It is nearly invisible, and I can tell no difference in screen sensitivity.  I also see that it is much less susceptible smudges from my greasy little fingers; an excellent feature! 
They also have a forum for their products, which I joined, and although no forum specifically for the N7 yet, I'm sure they will soon have more N7 owners registering. 
So I would definitely recommend this screen protector as one of the best for the N7 at a very good price point; check it out!

radio

Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline FlyFishinX2

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I also tried the Skinomi but with very different results, I followed he instructions in the video and when I would apply the skin to the screen it would adhere immediately and I was unable to move it around and line it up as shown in the video. As stated in the video I then removed the skin and applied more of the solution and tried again and again but every time it adhered immediately, after running out of solution I threw everything in the trash! I then went to amazon and bought a 3 pack of amfilm screen protectors for $4.85/$1.62 a piece (skinomi is $19 for 1) and guess what?? The amfilm protectors are also invisible if they are installed properly and you won't know they are there!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,don't waste your money on skinomi.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience with the Skinomi!  I think I would have called them (toll free) when at first it didn't behave in the manner you expected.  I've seen other reviews that were negative as well but on Amazon at least, a vast majority of folks were happy with it:  Out of 110 current reviews 70 were 5 stars and 25 were 4 stars.  I even had what I thought was a small piece of grit or something under the skin when I was finished and I just figured I should have cleaned the screen better before applying; but now even that has disappeared! As for the application, although I was a bit nervous about the process, it went on first time with no problems. I'm glad your cheaper protector is working for you.

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Rusty

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Gosh, I don't think I could leave my N7 off for 24 hours!  That had to be hard!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman