March 29, 2024, 07:59:30 AM

collapse

Author Topic: DropBox Streaming Video  (Read 3582 times)

Offline whysoserious_058

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
DropBox Streaming Video
« on: August 05, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »
Okay, I've got a N7(8GB) unlocked and rooted. I'm having issues streaming videos from my drop box. The video will start but about 5 minutes in it will freeze and force close. Has happened while using three different networks so that's not the problem.

Also I can't can't advance the video via the slider once I restart the video to skip what I saw before the freeze.

Everything is working with DB on my Epic 4GT, my Dell Latitude and the home desktop. So the problem is either that DB is not fully compatible with JB 4.1.1 or the N7 has an issue???

Please help as I was hoping to save several movies to DB to view on the go with the N7.

I will be using USB ToGo once my adapter gets here from China, until then I was hoping someone could help me fix this problem

Offline deluxe

• View Profile
Re: DropBox Streaming Video
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
There was a recent update to the Dropbox app, that specifically mentioned improvements in video streaming (on the n7, IIRC too).
I did the update, but haven't tried it out sufficiently to comment on whether it's done the job.
I did ascertain that even with the update it wouldn't play some videos that also wouldn't play before the update.........despite all the files being encoded the same way. That's a mystery to me.
Skydrive reportedly streams movies with no issues BTW, though I don't currently use that platform.

Offline Nemoman

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 12:31:44 PM »
Another option is to stream from a memory stick. I just installed this app today and it works brilliantly on a non-rooted Nexus:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 01:09:36 PM »
I can't stream at all from DB atm, I get a message "Could not connect to Dropbox. Please make sure you have an internet connection and try again".
I have the latest update installed and I have been able to stream before but have had similar issues as the OP?

Think I'll drop Drobox at email...lol

Offline deluxe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 01:11:39 PM »
I also use the usb media importer app: works fine.

Offline Nemoman

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:27:12 PM »

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »
If that link is reference to the updated version of DB I'm running the GP version of that update, 2.1.9.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »
Okay, I've got a N7(8GB) unlocked and rooted. I'm having issues streaming videos from my drop box. The video will start but about 5 minutes in it will freeze and force close. Has happened while using three different networks so that's not the problem.

Also I can't can't advance the video via the slider once I restart the video to skip what I saw before the freeze.

Everything is working with DB on my Epic 4GT, my Dell Latitude and the home desktop. So the problem is either that DB is not fully compatible with JB 4.1.1 or the N7 has an issue???

Please help as I was hoping to save several movies to DB to view on the go with the N7.

I will be using USB ToGo once my adapter gets here from China, until then I was hoping someone could help me fix this problem

What's USB ToGo?  I did a search but couldn't turn anything up....

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »
I think the OP means OTG (On The Go)...

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »
Ah, got it, tnx.
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

JayJ

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »
Drop box update from GP has fixed my streaming issues, running 2.1.10 and all is good. I haven't had the chance to stream a whole movies yet but I will test it out at some point.

Hope it fixes the OP's streaming issues too.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman