March 28, 2024, 03:54:03 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How to Insert a Hyper Link and Look Like an Advanced User  (Read 3594 times)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
How to Insert a Hyper Link and Look Like an Advanced User
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
How to Insert a Hyper Link and Look Like an Advanced User

Have you ever wondered how some members can insert a hyperlink with a custom label like Our Forum instead of http://nexus7forum.com/index.php. Both hyperlinks take you to the same place, but the custom label has distinction.

Note, that I am removing the left and right outside brackets in the examples so that they show as text and not an actual hyperlink.

First copy the hyperlink to you clipboard. Then choose “Insert Hyperlink” at the point you want to add it to your post and you get “url][/url” with cursor flashing in the middle. Move the cursor to the point following the first “url” add an “=” sign and paste your hyperlink, so that it looks like “url=http://nexus7forum.com/index.php][/url". Then type your custom label between the last two brackets, so that it looks like this, “url=http://nexus7forum.com/index.php]Our Forum[/url” and you are done.

Note you have the option to type the custom label first and then paste the url the order is not relevant.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:00:28 AM by S.Prime »

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: How to Insert a Hyper Link and Look Like an Advanced User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Hey Jim, when you press the "world" icon (under strike-thru icon) when in posting box, is that the insert hyperlink?

I wish I knew what the icons in the second row mean and how to use them when posting.  I use a few, but some I do not press as I don't know what they do  :o :o :o

Okay, thanks for the help

Drew
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
Pressing the world icon above the smileys just puts in the 'url' '/url' symbols but replace the quote with a bracket either [ or ].
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:38:51 AM »
Got it, thanks!

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman