March 29, 2024, 01:53:11 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 64439 times)

Offline LanceJ

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Ship Date?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:02 AM »
My GameStop preorder is supposed to be in my hands August 7th...

Offline edhunter

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 01:25:54 PM »
I rang Google last week after I had ordered mine as I initially entered the wrong shipping address and needed to change it. While I was on the phone I asked when I could expect delivery. I was told that a delivery date was not yet know but I would definitely receive the Nexus 7 this month. Fingers crossed

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that out ? Everytime I ask GameStop they claim they will get them July 31st.

Offline Jackson

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »

Offline LanceJ

• View Profile
Ship Date?
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 09:18:51 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find that out ? Everytime I ask GameStop they claim they will get them July 31st.

It's in my receipt, and the manager told me that was the date... Receipt actually said something about "2nd wave" then aug 7th...

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

It's in my receipt, and the manager told me that was the date... Receipt actually said something about "2nd wave" then aug 7th...

Interesting, I preordered mine in the Gamestop store on 6/29, so maybe I'm in the first wave. My receipt doesn't have a date or a wave #.

Offline Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2012, 10:17:26 AM »

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
Looks good!
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:40 AM »
I called Google this morning to ask about changing my pre-order from an 8 GB model to 16 GB.  The guy I talked to looked up my 6/29 pre-order date, and said he can't change my order, because it's too close to the ship date, and I'd lose my position in the queue.  He said I could make another pre-order, and refuse delivery of my existing pre-order.

This hints that N7 shipping is imminent.

I guess I'll stick with the 8 GB.  The apps I plan to load + Google pre-loads should still leave me with 3-4 GB free storage.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline samalex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »
I called Google this morning to ask about changing my pre-order from an 8 GB model to 16 GB.  The guy I talked to looked up my 6/29 pre-order date, and said he can't change my order, because it's too close to the ship date, and I'd lose my position in the queue.  He said I could make another pre-order, and refuse delivery of my existing pre-order.

Thanks for the update, I never thought to call Google directly.  I'm hearing July 12th still on various other forums, which is just 3 days away, so hopefully we'll start getting emails soon enough with tracking numbers.

Sam

Offline kyoo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »

I guess I'll stick with the 8 GB.  The apps I plan to load + Google pre-loads should still leave me with 3-4 GB free storage.

just a thought, you might have to wait longer for the time being but you might regret not going 16 later if that's what you wanted

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2012, 09:33:22 PM »
When my discussion with the Google agent ended, he asked if there was anything else he could do for me.   I said no, unless he could tell me the ship date.  He said he wished he could do that, and added he's waiting to get his N7, himself.

I should be OK with 8 GB.  If it's not enough, I'll give it to one of my kids, & upgrade to a 16 GB model.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
I know rumors are flying but in-store this Thursday?

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/10/office-depot-expecting-to-have-in-store-nexus-7-stock-by-july-12/

Wait and see....
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
Rumors seem to be everywhere.  I remember one from 3 weeks ago that said Google already had 600,000 units on hand.  If that one was true, wouldn't we be knee deep in tablets by now?  Just wondering out loud...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:20:00 PM by halibaitor »

Offline edhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »
I'm still wondering whether pre ordering is a good idea and if I could have got it any faster I had waited to buy it in store. I suppose only time will tell.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman