April 19, 2024, 05:38:40 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Ship Date?  (Read 65199 times)

Offline lundjordan

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Date?
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2012, 01:41:23 AM »
Any Canadians get a tracking number/email? I haven't heard anything yet. -> Toronto, ordered June 27, 2012 11:32:58 AM UTC-7

Offline DaveS

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »
Of you guys who have tracking numbers, have any of you ordered the 8G model, or are they all 16s? Is the 8G model going to be an urban myth?

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »
Of you guys who have tracking numbers, have any of you ordered the 8G model, or are they all 16s? Is the 8G model going to be an urban myth?

I've got an 8G ordered through G play and I got the email tracking number, but no other info. is available to me at this time.
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Bill

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »
I ordered the 8 GB model and received my tracking number on July 13.  I ordered on July 4.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
Dont worry guys, there is a very strong possibility that some regions of the country will see delivery tomorrow.  My friend who works at a UPS distribution center (yes they work on sundays)  says that tracking info isnt available because the source of the tracking info isnt running on the weekends.  Monday morning might suddenly show "arrived at local facility"  and the next line will show "out for delivery"

What im saying in a nutshell is that your package continues to move even without tracking info being updated on the weekends. 

So if you live anywhere near a distribution center, you might be in luck tomorrow.  Me included. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »
Dont worry guys, there is a very strong possibility that some regions of the country will see delivery tomorrow.  My friend who works at a UPS distribution center (yes they work on sundays)  says that tracking info isnt available because the source of the tracking info isnt running on the weekends.  Monday morning might suddenly show "arrived at local facility"  and the next line will show "out for delivery"

What im saying in a nutshell is that your package continues to move even without tracking info being updated on the weekends. 

So if you live anywhere near a distribution center, you might be in luck tomorrow.  Me included.

Wow, that's great to know!  Also does anyone know if the package requires a signature?  I'd hate to think mine could sit outside my door for hours until i get home.  I'd hate to give a neighborhood kid a free Nexus 7.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »
Usually they don't require a sig.  But they may not leave it if the driver feels it would be dangerous.  If they have left packages without a sig. before, then they will again.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2012, 06:03:17 PM »
If you check your tracking info in the morning it may tell you if signature is required.  Fedex does, but im not sure about UPS. 

I am REALLY hoping mine arrives tomorrow as I am off work with nothing to do but watch my daughter play, LOL.  I need my new toy!

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
My speculation may be a WAG, but the Bay Area is the second largest port for Asian import entries, and Los Angeles is #1.  Assuming Asus makes the N7 in the Philippines or China, N7 shipments will enter one of those two ports, and be stored in an Asus or Google warehouse.  Google and Asus HQs are both in the Bay Area, in Mountain View and Fremont, CA, respectively.  The main UPS distribution facility in the Bay Area is in Oakland, CA, 40 minutes from me.

So, it's a good guess my N7 is in my local UPS station already, and will be on my doorstep tomorrow.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline kyoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2012, 07:18:45 AM »
fyi got my tracking saturday, im sure it'll come either today or tomorrow

Offline bradyfix

• "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
Usually they don't require a sig.  But they may not leave it if the driver feels it would be dangerous.  If they have left packages without a sig. before, then they will again.
don't be fooled my ups guy leaves stuff all the time without a signature, make sure you're there tuesday

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2012, 06:04:44 PM »
Mine left Louisville, KY ~4 p.m. their time today.

Delivery COB tomorrow.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
Mine left Louisville, KY ~4 p.m. their time today.

Delivery COB tomorrow.

Mine started and left Louisville this afternoon also.  I thought UPS was in Atlanta, but maybe their shipping hub is Louisville, anyway, doesn't look like they're shipping from Mountain View.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Zell

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
It's really not a huge deal, but it does bug me that many people were able to walk into a store (last Friday?) and walk-out with a N7 when I pre-ordered mine two weeks ago and have not received it yet (it comes tomorrow, though).  Sure, I could been one of the lucky ones to do that too, but it comes across to me as a little unfair by Google Play.  It would have been nice to have my patience rewarded by getting my N7 before the stores were able to sell them.  I would be just fine if it came the same day as the stores sold it. 

To add a rotten cherry on top, Google Play charged us shipping fees for our pre-ordered N7.  I'd rather have the value of the $25 Google Play store credit taken off the price of the unit.  By the way, I'll be REALLY ticked-off if I find out store purchasers get the same $25 credit.  Obviously, since store purchasers of the N7 don't have to pay shipping then at the very least Google Play should not have charged pre-order people for shipping if the device is going to be sold in stores days before the device is delivered to us.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:52:28 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Offline comiskeybum

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2012, 06:47:11 PM »
agreed
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:51:58 PM by Babyfacemagee »