Nexus 7 International Forums > UK Dedicated Nexus 7 Forum (Great Britain, Northern Ireland and Region)

UK Apps you'd like to see...

(1/3) > >>

JayJ:
Hi to all the UK Nexus 7 users and welcome to the UK regional branch of the Nexus 7 Forums.

Thought we'd kick off this sub-forum with a little rant....lol

When I originally decided to get a Nexus 7, I decide I wasn't going to root the device because there were certain apps I wanted to use that I couldn't on my Samsung Galaxy S2 because of root access. I'm talking specifically about Sky Go, Barclays Pingit and Barclays Banking applications.
I honestly had a niggling feeling the Sky Go app wasn't going to work because it's only recently been ICS compatible so wasn't expecting it to work on JB but still I expected Sky to update it quite quickly, no surprises that they haven't though.
As per, it leaves us Android Sky users in the dark whereas iOS users have had a far superior version of Sky Go for some time. Personally I think it's a cop out but I've been on the Sky forums and seen the posts of discontent, maybe Sky will get the message and I know they are testing on JB but then the question is will the N7 even be compatible when JB testing is done?

Then there's the Barclays apps, whether it be the Phablet UI of the Nexus 7 or the JB OS they are incompatible with the Nexus 7.

"Your device isn't compatible with this version."

Another cop out IMO, I did think about emailing them but in all honesty I haven't had great success with contact of apps developed by big companies. I contacted PayPal once about a problem with it's app and the person that replied had no idea about the PayPal app, I might at some point try contacting Barclays about this but I won't be holding my breathe for a coherent reply.

Anyway, enough of the ranting. I want to know what UK specific apps you guys would like to see compatible with JB and the Nexus 7, have you rooted and would unroot if you could use certain apps
Maybe if we get enough of us together that want Sky Go or Barclays Banking app on the N7 we could all hit them together with emails and they might actually listen, could even organise a partition.

Thanks for reading the first thread on what I hope is a successful UK based sub-forum.

JayJ.

CBers:
A UK sub-forum! That's a nice idea.

Flash and BBC iPlayer didn't work for me out of the box, but a quick backup of both apps on my S3 soon sorted that out.

Found a few other apps that were "not compatible" but installed on S3, backed up and transferred to Nexus 7 and installed without issue.

Didn't bother with Sky GO as already had it on S3 and don't use it that much.

As this is UK forum, it'd be nice to see how close fellow users live.

So to start it off, I live in both Kent.

Anyone else wanna offer their general location?

paulo:
I'm from middlesbrough  :)

Nemoman:
I'm from Kent too

CBers:

--- Quote from: Nemoman on September 02, 2012, 01:27:19 PM ---I'm from Kent too

--- End quote ---

Cool, whereabouts ?? I'm in Medway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version