April 19, 2024, 12:07:12 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Restoring Notifications  (Read 1204 times)

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Restoring Notifications
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »
Accidentally Dismissed notifications at top-left of screen.
How do I get them back??

JayJ

Re: Restoring Notifications
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:27 PM »
What notifications?

Notifications are usually just that notification and once viewed they're gone, an email notification is there to shortcut to your received emails. Pull the statusbar down to open notifications and tap the email icon to take you directly to the new emails, the notification will only come back when new emails arrive.
Obviously there are other notifications and spending on what they are will depend on whether it's a one off notification or an ongoing notification...

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »
There were a bunch of notification icons at the top-left of screen.  I tapped on the Dismiss icon (3 staggered dots) at the top right, and the notifications vanished.  Was wondering how to bring them back.  Reboot does not do it.  Perhaps, as you state, notifications are a one-time thing.  Thanks!

Addendum:  Just received a notification (new updates) as I was typing this, so I guess all is OK.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »
Yeah you get notifications for Google Play updates, if you clear them by mistake you can either wait for them to come back or just open GP and tap the three dots for menu. Select "My apps" and the updates will be at the top of your installed app list.

There are ongoing notifications too, these are apps and can be anything from battery % notifications to CPU load notifications. Just search the GP store for notification to give you some ideas of ongoing notifications.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman