April 16, 2024, 08:00:22 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Epic 3rd Person Adventure Game 'Horn' Released For Nexus 7  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Epic 3rd Person Adventure Game 'Horn' Released For Nexus 7
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

Back when the Nexus 7 was introduced at Google I/O several games that were 'in the works' were shown playing on the brand new Tegra 3 tablet.  The most impressive was probably 'Horn' which featured breathtaking graphics in an epic adventure fantasy universe.   Well I'm happy to let you know that 'Horn' has been officially released and is specially optimized for Tegra 2 and 3 devices like the Nexus 7.   This game is 'awesome' by all accounts with the tech press falling all over themselves to praise it.  'Gamezebo' called it 'a mobile masterpiece', IGN gave it 9 out of 10 stars and AOL said 'Horn is a testament to what is possible on mobile'.  Want to see what all the fuss is about?  Watch the trailer below...

Horn features:

∗ Accessible controls that anyone can use- walking, jumping, crawling, even grapple hook, are all performed with intuitive gestures
∗ Freely navigable console-quality detailed world- go wherever you want; not confined to limited path or rail
∗ A rich and unique fantasy world
∗ Touch-friendly melee combat and crossbow style weapons
∗ 3 unique and beautiful lands to discover
∗ Endlessly escalating challenge modes
∗ Hidden side content to discover
∗ Score written by award winning Austin Wintory and performed with full live orchestra

In 'Horn' you play the young apprentice of a blacksmith named fittingly enough, Horn.  You wake up one morning to find that all the people and animals of your land have been turned into monsters by a curse that only you have the ability to remove.  You go on your adventure with a sidekick and along with your new companion you must use your sword, crossbow, musical horn, and intuition to get to solve puzzles and make your way through the epic landscape and remove the curse.    'Horn' has tremendous graphics and atmosphere that fully takes advantage of the CPU and 12 core GPU in your Nexus 7.  You'll spend just as much time marveling at the incredible scenery as you will at the gameplay itself. 

Another thing I like about 'Horn' is that it has a real story.   This is no shallow jump and roll platformer.   You talk to monsters and travelers you find on your adventure and learn about where the curse came from and what it will take to remove it.   The music and beautiful effects, not to mention the real creativity and originality that went into the monsters lifts 'Horn' above virtually every other 3rd person available for Android today.   This is the new 'state of the art' folks and you can grab it at the Google Play Store at the link below for $6.99.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:36:13 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

Re: Epic 3rd Person Adventure Game 'Horn' Released For Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Just bought this (before this thread), will report back once I've played it some...

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:53:14 PM »
Wow, what can I say...

I've just played through the first section of Horn and it's awesome. The graphics are superb on the N7 and the look and feel of the game reminds me of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on PS2 but don't let that put you off because it plays really nicely.
I was initially surprised by the controls, I expected a touch joystick in the left corner but you just tap on the screen to direct "Horn" to where you want him to go, the fighting mechanics are very intuitive and I was running around exploring and fighting giant monsters like a pro in no time.

If your a game lover like me then I highly recommend the game, I'd be playing now if I hadn't promised the gf we'd watch the last two episodes of Alphas season 1....
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:02:04 PM by JayJ »

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »
Does it have full functionality when away from wifi?
Is it fully open after purchase or are there in-app purchases?

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 08:05:28 PM »
I'm not sure about Wi-Fi atm, I'm playing at home and have my Wi-Fi on. Will check that tomorrow for you.
There are in app purchases, you can buy the currency of the game world but so far I've found plenty of money lying around so have not needed too, whether that will change later in the game I don't know. I hope not, I think the option is just there if you want to progress quicker?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman