March 28, 2024, 11:09:55 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Google Play's 'End Of Summer Sale' Brings You 99 Cent Apps & Games!  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Just in time for the holiday weekend, Google is giving everyone an end of summer present with their 'End Of Summer Sale' featuring 18 top tier Android apps and games for only 99 cents each!(except 'Crystal Defenders' which is $1.26)  Here's a rundown of the titles that are on sale:

Games
Crystal Defenders ($1.26)
Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation ($0.99)
Gangstar Rio: City of Saints ($0.99
NOVA 3 ($0.99)
Zen Bound 2 ($0.99)
Spirits ($0.99)
Virtua Tennis Challenge ($0.99)
iBlast Moki 2 ($0.99)
Super Dynamite Fishing Premium ($0.99)
Draw Race 2 ($0.99)
The Game of Life ($0.99)
Max Payne (unlisted on the official page but $0.99 cents through Labor Day)

Apps
Swiftkey 3 ($0.99)
Beautiful Widgets ($0.99)
The Lorax ($0.99)
Vignette ($0.99)
Star Chart ($0.99)
Business Calendar ($0.99)

There's a bunch of great titles here folks, many of which we've posted about in our front page 'spotlights'.   The Gameloft titles such as 'Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation' and 'N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' are a steal and for the productivity minded, both 'Swiftkey 3 Keyboard' and 'Business Calendar' are great additions, the latter of which we just wrote about in a spotlight on this site just last week.   While we think the sale will continue through Sunday there's no guarantee the titles will stay the same each day or that certain ones might 'sell out' after a set number of purchases so if you see something you want...we'd recommend grabbing it asap.  Other great titles we're downloading include 'Beautiful Widgets', 'Crystal Defenders' and 'Spirits', a really original game unlike anything you've likely played before.   So load up on your 99 cent apps folks and let us know which are your favorites in the comments!

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline os2guy

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Google Play's 'End Of Summer Sale' Brings You 99 Cent Apps & Games!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
Hi Babyfacemagee,

Thanks for the heads up. I believe the Swiftkey app isn't the right one for the Nexus 7. After installation, I get the following message:

"Incorrect Swiftkey. Swiftkey 3 (telephone) is not optimized for tablets. Please consider purchase of Swiftkey 3 tablets". (message is partly in French on my tablet)

I had the app refunded without trying it. Anybody know how "not optimized" the app really is? Are the improvements acceptable nonetheless?

OS2GUY

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 08:18:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up os2guy.   I didn't know they made two different versions but now that look at the Google Play store I see there is a separate tablet version.  There's a free version of it to try out and then the full version is a few bucks and isn't part of this sale.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:21:34 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:34:41 AM »
I have both versions and there are two main differences, one being the tablet version of SwiftKey allows you to split the keyboard into a thumb keyboard in landscape typing, which is more useful on a larger tablet and two being that the standard version of SwiftKey has the option to show the arrow keys on the letter keyboard.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
There's some discussion of this in the favorite keyboard app thread.  The Swiftkey phone app is actually preferred by many tablet owners over the Swiftkey tablet version, because the arrow keys are two keystrokes deep before they're available.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline os2guy

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »
Hello everyone,

I thought the error message suggested it didn't work at all. I went back to Google Play and installed it anyway.

I've only been fiddling with it for a short while but it does work well. If I were to make a comment, i'd say that the keystroke sounds, even at top volume, aren't very loud. If the place you are currently in is a bit noisy, you might not hear them. Not that big of a problem though.

OS2GUY

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts