March 28, 2024, 02:23:27 AM

collapse

Author Topic: N7 Won't come on  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Texas Turtle

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
N7 Won't come on
« on: September 01, 2012, 03:19:01 PM »
After two weeks of working fine, my tablet won't respond to the on/off key.  When it first started acting funny, I had to plug in the charger to get it to come on and then it worked normally.  Now it just won't come on at all.  Any ideas?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: N7 Won't come on
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »
Contact technical support and they will probably take you through a factory reset and if that does not work, they will setup an RMA.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline jsbombjack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
I have found with mine that sometimes I just need to hold the on switch for about 30 seconds, then it comes on. Weird, but I can deal with it.

Offline albergman

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
Same with mine.   It's always a crap shoot whether it's going to fire up or not.   I'm just letting it fall asleep now rather than the full power down ... seems to prefer coming back after a nap than a full night's sleep.

Frank

Offline seaking77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
Same thing has been happening to me for about 2 weeks now.  Bought my N7 from Best Buy 8/15.  It'll go to sleep and sometimes it'll wake up if I plug it into the charger.  Sometimes not.  If I hold the power button down after about 10-15 seconds the Google logo and four color flashes come on...but then it goes back to sleep.  I know it's working because when I receive an email a "bing" noise occurs but I have to read it on my Blackberry because my Nexus won't wake up.  I started with BB.  They escalated me to Google.  Google passed me onto ASUS.  It took me three days to get through to ASUS.  Then they told me to fax them a copy of my purchase receipt and that they'd get back to me within a week telling me where to send my unit in to get REPAIRED...provided they accept my case!  ASUS kept getting all bunched up about what third party software I might have installed.  Guys...it came from the Google Play Store.  And we did a system reset on it and even before any new software was put on the same thing happened.  Is anyone listening?  Anyone at all!  Because it's not apparent to me right now.

Offline ChrisRobt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 12:01:19 PM »
Last night my Nexus 7 went off and hasn't come back on; I thought perhaps the battery was dead so left it plugged in overnight. It still won't come on this morning (tried holding the on/off for 30 seconds but no dice). I still have it plugged in to the charger but it won't turn on. Fortunately for me, a new one is on its way as I couldn't get sound from this one. Hopefully the new one will be okay (is mine pouting since I'm replacing it?)

Christine

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »
Last night my Nexus 7 went off and hasn't come back on; I thought perhaps the battery was dead so left it plugged in overnight. It still won't come on this morning (tried holding the on/off for 30 seconds but no dice). I still have it plugged in to the charger but it won't turn on. Fortunately for me, a new one is on its way as I couldn't get sound from this one. Hopefully the new one will be okay (is mine pouting since I'm replacing it?)

Christine

Yap, I'd say that's it Christine; yours is gonna take it's electrons and go home!

(glad a new one is on it's way!)

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman