March 28, 2024, 03:54:25 AM

collapse

Author Topic: AirDroid  (Read 1814 times)

Offline bob7794

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
AirDroid
« on: September 01, 2012, 07:20:08 PM »
Has anyone tried to connect to their PC with their Nexus 7 using the AirDroid app?  Were you successful?  Did you have any problems?  Any tips on how I can connect?

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: AirDroid
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
Works fine with me bob...  Did you enter the url that was given?  Brings up all my apps and I can communicate device to device.  What ya tryin' to do?

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline davros1973

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 04:44:55 AM »
Works for me also -
N7 NOT rooted. 4.1.1
N7 on internal network 192.168.1.161 (static IP address, sub: 255.255.255.0, DNS: one ISP given and one OpenDNS, Gateway 192.168.1.254 for speedtouch router)
Open app on N7
Open Chrome browser on Windows 7 computer on same network ... http://web.airdroid.com
On app - sometimes have to click on other tab e.g. tools - and then back to "connection" to show the passcode / QR code
On the Chrome browser on the PC ... tap in the passcode ... and log in

Works a treat.

Offline LaurelRaven

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:24:49 AM »
The settings you will need will depend on the network you are connecting over.  One big thing that will be needed: the network you are on can't have any sort of isolation on.  Some wireless routers have a mode that isolates the wireless devices and won't route regular traffic to them; this is a protection feature, but it will also prevent AirDroid from working.

I can't be much more specific, unfortunately, since every router and network is different, configured differently, and calls this something different...and all of that assumes you have access to change the settings.

The easiest way to use it, or see if it works, is to load it and start it up, then type the address it gives you into your browser's address bar.  You can use either one; the IP address will connect directly to your device, while the web address will go to their server and will route you to your device by the identifier code it gives you.

I highly recommend Chrome for this, as it is a very smooth experience and it supports everything AirDroid is doing.  It should work fine in other browsers, too, though.

Basically, AirDroid works by acting like a web server on your device.  Everything it does is something you can already do (technically speaking), it just gives you a web front end to do it in.  That being said, it is an amazing project, and I hope it works out for you.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman