Nexus 7 General Forums > Nexus 7 Polls

Do You Plan On Rooting Your Nexus 7?

<< < (2/10) > >>

halibaitor:

--- Quote from: ibm650 on July 05, 2012, 09:35:14 AM ---To allow use of usb storage, since Google does not believe in sd

--- End quote ---

+1
What he said...   8)

S.Prime:
If I commit on buying a Nexus 7, the first exploit that is available will find my tablet rooted. Yes it voids your warranty, but you seek a solution that allows rooting to be removed and if your device fails and cannot boot your root is no longer discoverable.

Edit:

I decided on the 16 gig version and pre-ordered mine.

samalex:
Interesting results...  The fear of bricking my devices is what keeps me away from rooting them, so I'll probably keep the N7 stock for the most part.  Besides from what I see most people root their devices to use the stock version of Android, which this will have outta the gate, so what advantage is there in rooting it?

Now if HDMI support can be added through the docking pins that may be a reason to root...  That's the one feature the N7 lacks that I really wish they had added.

levesque:
I've rooted a device before, but won't root my Nexus 7 unless I have to. Also, I can't root a tablet I don't have yet.

Lustfuljayb:
I would love to root,but I can't just yet. I'm running windows 8,consumers eval. edition. The one click root doesn't work. I also have a different build JR 003D,so I guess it may be a few months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version