March 28, 2024, 06:49:18 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Rumor: 3G Nexus 7 Tablet Coming In October?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Rumor: 3G Nexus 7 Tablet Coming In October?
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »

A report from MoDaCo.com today is saying that a tipster has let the website know that a 3G version of Google's Nexus 7 Tablet will be released in about 6 weeks time.   Apparently this 'tipster' has a good past track record of inside info and thus is being taken seriously with many of the leading tech sites such as TheVerge and Slashgear also reporting the rumor.   With rumors of a 3G enabled 'ipad mini' being introduced around the same time and with some tablet buyers liking the option to connect to the net when away from a WiFi signal, this could be just what Google needs to fight the upcoming holiday tablet wars against not only apple but also Amazon when they release their new version of the Kindle Fire reportedly later this week.   

No word on pricing or availability nor what carriers would provide cellular service for this new Nexus 7 variant.  Apparently the 3G Nexus 7 would be identical to the WiFi version in all other aspects except the cellular radio.  We're pretty excited if this rumor turns out to be reality...and it would make sense that Google do this...so we'll keep our fingers crossed and report back with any further verification or developments as soon as we hear them.

So what do you think?  Would you buy a 3G equipped Nexus 7?

Modaco.com

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

Re: Rumor: 3G Nexus 7 Tablet Coming In October?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »
I'm sure it'll make some new users happy that wouldn't buy an N7 without 3G but I'm equally sure it's going to irritate some who have already bought their N7's who would have preferred to have it with 3G.
Personally I wouldn't want a 3G version, I use a Mi-Fi for my S2 when it's getting low on data and my PS Vita which I purposely bought the Wi-Fi only version. From my point of view having many different devices on differing contracts or  Pay as you go tariffs would just get too complicated.

Offline nurendra

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:55:08 AM »
The next Nexus that would make me upgrade would be one with a SD card slot & a rear camera.
I'm not looking for another mobile plan as I'm surrounded by free wifi in most places I go, even @ the park

Offline Nighthawk4

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »
Dammit - I only just bought mine.

Oh well, it is a brilliant device as it is.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman