April 16, 2024, 05:34:29 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Shipping questions  (Read 3531 times)

Offline itguy92

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Shipping questions
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:05 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am new to these forums and just had a quick question about shipping from google play.  I ordered my Nexus 7 on september 1st and I was wondering if you guys think its possible I could get it today.  I know this might be a silly question, they don't ship on labor day do they?  I was just wondering your guys thoughts on how long it took for you to receive your's as I am somewhat impatient lol.  The website also said my shipping estimate was the 3rd if that helps.

Thanks for all advice,
ITguy92

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Shipping questions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
I am not sure about Google Play shipping, but if you want it in hand quicker and you have a WalMart or Staples handy, the Nexus 7 is available off the shelf at my local stores for the same price as Google Play. So you could check with them and cancel your Google Play order.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline itguy92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
Yeah man, thanks for the advice I ordered from google play though because they give you a free 25 dollar credit for the google play store.  hoping I will love the nexus 7 as much as I think I will haha.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
You get the $25 wherever you buy your Nexus 7...

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
And you save the shipping cost.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »
OP, you should (have) receive(d) a UPS tracking # with your order receipt. 
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline camperbc

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
I just ordered two Nexus 7's yesterday from the Google Store, and now I'm getting a bit worried. You see, I live in Canada, and I just discovered that the tablets are shipping from the USA via UPS. Now, every single time we Canadians get something delivered from the USA by UPS, we automatically get nailed at the door for additional duty/brokerage fees. It never fails.

So, does this mean that I am actually going to be asked to pay more money when the parcel comes to my door? If so, it means I have no choice but to refuse the package. If I do not get nailed for brokerage by UPS, it will indeed be a first for me!

I'd be interested in hearing from other Canadians who have ordered theirs from the Google Store, to learn whether UPS demanded additional payment at your door.

Glen
  Fogo Island, Newfoundland

Offline camperbc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 02:13:05 AM »
Well, it has now been a week since we ordered our two Nexus 7's from the Google Store, (Canada) and we have yet to receive them. Also, I have now sent a total of five messages to Google Canada regarding my worries about possibly getting forced to pay extra duty/brokerage at the door, which have been completely ignored! Is there absolutely no one in charge of customer service at all? How is it that they do not feel it at all necessary to reply to customer's questions/concerns? I'm completely dumbstruck that this company chooses to carry on in this manner.

And as if we are not stressed out enough about our missing tablets, total lack of communication, and possibly having to pay extra UPS brokerage fees upon delivery, (see my above post) now we're getting worried about all this screen separation talk. Does anyone know whether this still continues to be an issue? Or are we seeing signs that things are improving? Can we expect to still see this lifting screen nonsense on our tablets purchased the first week of September?

My daughter and I were so excited about the launch of this new tablet, and were ecstatic to finally have ordered one each, yet to date all we have to show for our efforts is a ton of stress. I'm still hoping to hear back from some Canadians who have ordered their tablets from Google Play; to hear if you did, or did not, have to pay the dreaded "brokerage fees" at the door, which UPS Canada loves to apply to shipments coming out of the USA. As it is, we have paid over $300 each for our tablets! SURELY we would not be forced to pay more at the door!?!?

Glen
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:31:35 AM by camperbc »

Offline techblogshare

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:48 AM »
I suggest you buying nexus 7 on Amazon. You had better place your order as soon as possible.

Offline camperbc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »
I suggest you buying nexus 7 on Amazon. You had better place your order as soon as possible.

It is not available to Canada through Amazon. The ONLY way to get one is through Google; we had been waiting for weeks for it to become available at Futureshop, Best Buy, London Drugs, Staples, etc. So we just have to hope that our two N7's show up one day, and that they are not duds, as so many are!

I have now sent a total of six emails to Google Canada with no response whatsoever. I have made multiple phone calls, and have yet to speak with a human. Just pathetic!

Glen
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:41:03 PM by Babyfacemagee »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt