March 28, 2024, 02:23:58 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Tutorial for the Forum Search Function  (Read 2201 times)

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Tutorial for the Forum Search Function
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
The forum search function is a valuable tool for finding information in the forum. I personally use it often when I can remember a post but I do not remember the location of the post. First you should recognize the difference in "Threads/Topics" and "Posts", for example we are in the topic "Nexus 7 User Tips"  and the Sub-Thread/Topic is "Tutorial for the Forum Search Function" and you are actually reading the first "Post" in the thread and if you reply it will be an additional "Post." Remember, "Topic" and "Thread" is the same terms.  

For the Search Function From a Web Browser:

Step 1:

Click the Home Tab to search the entire forum or click the Forum Tab and select the appropriate Topic to search only that topic. For example if you are in the Topic "New Member Introductions" and search for "Rooting Guide" you will find no returns, but if you search from the Home tab you will get a positive return and find my guide for rooting your tablet, which is in the "Rooting" topic.

Step 2:

Click the magnifying glass in the search bar to clear the current content and place your cursor in the search bar. Then type your search text and press enter/return to complete the search. Note after typing your search text if you click on the magnifying glass it will not complete the search.

Step 3:

Scroll through the search returns to find information relevant to your search.

Tapatalk Variant:

Tapping "More" shows the search function and performing a search yields the choice of "Threads" (Default) or "Posts" (Option).

Note to all Users:

We have many members who are new to not only the Nexus 7 Tablet, but are new to Forums, so please help the moderators when you note a post that has been covered in a previously posted topic by posting a link to the topic and politely suggesting that a search would have found the information. Remember helping others learn to use the forum is as important as helping them use their tablets.” IMO”
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:18:05 PM by S.Prime »

IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial for the Forum Search Function
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:41:56 PM »
I hope you don't mind if I add a little.  To yield more accurate search results, use quotation marks.  For example, if you search for play store, you will get results for playing, play, played, plays, stores, stored, etc.  If you search for "play store", you won't get any of the useless listings.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial for the Forum Search Function
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:52:46 AM »
Thanks Tiny, I will add your suggestion to the guide.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman