March 28, 2024, 03:11:13 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Moving icons  (Read 3304 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Moving icons
« on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
Hi,
is there a way to move and the icons on the screen that comes up when pressing the circle with the 6 dots.
Aside from my Google Mail I have another mail account and would like to combine those 2 icons to make a folder and then move it to the start up screen.
There are a couple of icons I really don't want on the screen that come up with the  dots. I don't know if this screen has a special name.
I love the Nexus but still have a lot to learn. Thank you all for this forum!

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Moving icons
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
That is your app drawer. Your Start up screens or home screens is where most people put their apps instead of opening the drawer each time. For example in one of my screens I have all my games and another I have all of my web based applications.

If you want to make a folder you need to first drop the icons onto the home screen from the app drawer. You do that by opening the app drawer, pressing and HOLDING on the icon you want on the home screen and it does the rest. Once the icons are on the home screen you simply click and hold on one of the icons until it allows you to move it, and drag over on top of the other icon you want to make the folder with.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 02:36:20 PM »
Don't think I cold explain that any better but will add that the stock Android launcher has limited functionality, you could install a third party launcher like Apex Launcher or Nova launcher. Bothe these have more customisation than the stock launcher and the paid version have the ability to hide apps in in the app tray.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »
Thank you both for writing.  Yes, it worked great!  I guess, I didn't hold it long enough before....
Now one more question.....Is there a way to rename the folders I have created? So far I haven't been able to figure it out...
Again, thanks so much for your help!

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:28:28 AM »
Tap a folder to open and at the bottom you'll see "Unnamed Folder", tap it and the keyboard will pop up. Enter the name you'd like to assign the folder and press done on the keyboard where enter usually is.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
Thank you for patiently answering all my questions, JayJ.  It works well and I'm slowly getting the hang of it all.

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
No problems, your very welcome!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee