March 29, 2024, 02:56:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Sound won't go up  (Read 3178 times)

Offline ChrisRobt

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Sound won't go up
« on: September 06, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »
I've got the volume turned all the way up both in settings and on the side of the tablet, but the sound is almost inaudible. What can I do?

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Sound won't go up
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 05:54:13 PM »
If there's not an "x" over the speaker symbol (mute), then try to do a hard reset.  Hold volume down and power for 10-15 seconds and release when android robot appears.  Let restart

Otherwise you might need to return.  Good luck!
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline ChrisRobt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:13:34 PM »
If there's not an "x" over the speaker symbol (mute), then try to do a hard reset.  Hold volume down and power for 10-15 seconds and release when android robot appears.  Let restart

Not sure I understand what you mean by hold volume down and power...didn't get any robot. Do you mean hold down the volume button on the side and the power on button at the same time?

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
Yes, press down on volume down on the side and the off button on the top at same time.  You should get the android robot and some text ending with Linux.  Let reset.  Do not wipe or change to other icon, you will erase your N7.  Just do the buttons above for 10 seconds or so and that's all.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline ChrisRobt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
Yes, press down on volume down on the side and the off button on the top at same time.  You should get the android robot and some text ending with Linux.  Let reset.  Do not wipe or change to other icon, you will erase your N7.  Just do the buttons above for 10 seconds or so and that's all.

Both buttons are on the side...no button on top. When I press andhold both side buttons (on/off and volume), eventually the Nexus goes black and then restarts...noandroid robot or text (and sound still almost inaudible). I'm beginning to feel stupid and since I'm on vacation, I can't call customer support until Monday

Offline Drew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 11:14:43 PM »
No, this is my fault, sorry, I have two tabs and I was thinking about the reboot on my other. ???

The reboot is off, volume up and volume down, all at once.  But please, call service or maybe someone else might help before you do that, I just think it is a defective unit and you don't want to brick it or erase everything.  Sorry I couldn't help more and probably made things worse for you.

Offline ChrisRobt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 12:05:02 PM »
I finally called tech support and a new unit is on the way; they didn't ask me to return this one first. I was hoping to do a transfer between the two but now my N& is dead...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 01:13:33 PM »
What do you mean by dead? Dead after you held the buttons in? I read somewhere how to restart even when in this seemingly hopeless state. I will have to check around. What did you have on the pad that you are afraid of losing anyway? When I think about what I will lose if my tablet crashes it just a matter of reloading a bunch of stuff that I have backed up on hard drives and thumb drives.
Edit: Did you try holding just the power button in for 30 seconds?
As far as the sound issue, the volume on mine sucked until I installed a volume boosting app. I have read that volume is an issue for a lot of folks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:22:41 PM by bjs229 »

Offline ChrisRobt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 01:44:42 PM »
Dead as won't turn on; not really much on there that can't be recovered. I've tried holding the on/off for 30 seconds but no help (see my post in N7 discharging where others are having similar problems). Where can I find this sound boosting app?(for when my new N7 comes)?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:19:28 PM »
I ran into your other post about trying the 30 second thing. At least you have a jump on the new one coming. It is disconcerting all of the problems I see people having with this thing. Hopefully,I  am one of the lucky ones.
I use volume + it works pretty well and you can control volumes separately. Like headphone, speaker and bluetooth.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:22:27 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts