April 25, 2024, 02:29:41 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Accessory Spotlight: 'ZAGG Keys Flex' Portable Bluetooth Keyboard  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

One of the great things about the Nexus 7 is its awesome 'just right' portable size.   Big enough to play games, read books and watch movies without squinting but small enough to slip in a large pocket and light enough to not constantly remind you that it's there.   Like most tablets these days the onscreen keyboard is good in a pinch and I use it for short emails and text messaging but for anything longer than a couple of paragraphs my fingers long for a real keyboard.   That's where ZAGG's new 'ZAGG Keys Flex' portable keyboard comes in.   Now I happened to stumble on an article in 'GottaBeMobile' (linked below) that went over the 'ZAGG Keys Flex' while using the Nexus 7 and I was so impressed by it that I snagged one for myself.  I'm happy to say it's just what I was looking for.

Now the 'ZAGG Keys Flex' keyboard is a cool little package.   It's about an inch longer in length than the Nexus 7 and it comes with its own nifty combination stand/case.   This is great as it's the perfect size to prop your Nexus 7 against while typing and there's no cable since the keyboard connects to your Nexus 7 via Bluetooth.   The keys have a decent amount of travel and the keyboard itself felt pretty solid.  I'm not afraid of this breaking in my backpack. 

Another cool thing about the 'ZAGG Keys Flex' keyboard is that it has a dedicated toggle switch in the back of it so you can pair it with either an iPad or Android tablet or phone.   Once switched over to 'Android' for the Nexus 7 there's dedicated keys that take on functions such as volume and media playback, shortcuts for cut, copy and paste as well as 'home screen' and 'lock' keys. 

The keyboard gets 'several months' of use from its 510 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery so you won't be running out of power with this baby...and it weighs only 6.3 ounces alone or 11. 3 ounces with the stand/case.  Length is 9.4 inches, width is 5 inches and thickness is only .75 inches and that includes the case.  Now regular price is $79.99 but they've got it on sale with free shipping for $69.99 at the link below at the Zagg website.   

Source: GottaBeMobile
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:11:52 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman