March 29, 2024, 05:47:13 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Allowing others to use my Nexus 7  (Read 2732 times)

Offline dktubbs

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Allowing others to use my Nexus 7
« on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:29 AM »
I recently purchased a Nexus 7 for use in my business.  I was hoping that I could use it to allow my customers to post google reviews while in my store.  The issue I have found is that in order to do this users need to add an account to my Nexus.  I don't believe my customers will be comfortable with this and I don't want to have any of their personal information on my Nexus.  I understand I can delete their account but that's not the best solution.

I talked to Google Nexus support and they suggested I could have the customer log in to Google Chrome under their own Google login.  Unfortunately, when I attempted this and tried to have them post under their login my information appeared.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Allowing others to use my Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
How about a different browser?

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 12:42:59 PM »
How about a different browser?

Good call.  Or turn off cookies and uncheck remember my log info and have your cache clear when the browser closes. 
CtrlZ

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »
Thanks.

Offline YoshiDrei81601

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 12:49:25 AM »
Maybe you should just use your Nexus for personal things in the office and for the customers you should use a laptop or PC -Yoshi-
Current Gadgets: Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Past Gadgets: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xperia Arc S

Offline ctrlz

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 05:47:57 AM »
Maybe you should just use your Nexus for personal things in the office and for the customers you should use a laptop or PC -Yoshi-

True and a good point.  I think I'd opt for what I did at home.  Single dad with a 15 year old son.  I knew when I bought mine that he would be all over it.  He has the same phone that I do so of course he'd be all over an N7.  No chance I'd let anyone use mine so I bought him an 8 gig version.   

I'd go with that, get an 8 gig for the customers and keep the other for your personal use.   I think the customers would appreciate the concept behind using a Google device to post Google reviews on your business.   It shows organization, good conceptual ideas and skills as well as ties their shopping experience up with a great idea that they'll remember as they walk out the door and probably mention it to their friends. 

Can't think of a better idea to excite the customer, give them something to talk about to their friends and bring in more business.  Make sure you add the option of E coupons and let them add your stores G+ page to theirs so theyre aware of specials you have!
CtrlZ

Offline Archie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:58:02 AM »
I'm curious what kind of business you have.

And what do you do if the customer is posting a bad review?

It sounds like an interesting business concept.

Offline dktubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I have tried another browser without success but I will remove cookies and uncheck remember log info and try it.  As for purchasing a dedicated Nexus, that is essentially what I did. (and in fact if I can get this to work I'd be looking to purchase them for many employees who deal directly with our customers). The problem remains that we have to log customers in as if they owned the Nexus then delete the information (it's not as clean as just logging out). 

I am an automobile dealer in a rural area.  When customers are taking delivery of their vehicle, I try to meet and thank them individually when the opportunity arises.  There are many occasions where a customer is in my showroom and tells me what a great experience they had dealing with a specific salesperson  or manager.  Of course, we ask them to post reviews for us but even though they all say they will, a smaller percentage actually do.  So, when they are here raving about the experience, I want to be able to hand them a Nexus and say "would you mind telling the world about it while you are here" or some thing to that affect.  I can sit them in front of a terminal but the ability to hand them a Nexus I think would elevate the experience and add a certain panache as mentioned.

Now, as for bad reviews, yes, they are part of life and we get a few, although, our reviews are overwhelmingly positive.  I try to answer every review, both positive and negative and if I have a negative review I look at it as an opportunity to correct any errors an save a customer.  You can see my place page and reviews here: http://goo.gl/maps/vDhsN

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman