March 28, 2024, 05:41:14 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Is There a Multiple POP3 E-Mail Color-Coded Notifier App?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline jdanniel

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Is There a Multiple POP3 E-Mail Color-Coded Notifier App?
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
Hello!   Please call me Jd.  I'm an experienced computer user, but I'm totally brand new to the world of Android.  I just bought a 16 GB Nexus 7. 

I'm interested in finding out if there is a certain type of app. 

On my desktop PC, I use a freeware application called ePrompter.  It's been around for years, and is fantastic.  It notifies me if I have e-mail.  ePrompter supports up to 16 e-mail accounts.   You can read the e-mail while it's still on the server, before you download it; it's similar in that respect to Mail Washer.

What makes ePrompter so useful to me is that each e-mail account can be color-coded.  You can look in the system tray and see which accounts have e-mail, just by looking at the colors.

Furthermore, ePrompter has several screen savers that display the color coded notifications.  Great program, and free.

So…are there any Android apps, compatible with the Nexus 7, that do anything similar?  I don't need screen savers, obviously, but is there anything that monitors multiple POP3 accounts and displays a message or icon or something, letting you know which accounts have mail?

Thank you very much for any assistance.  Jd

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Is There a Multiple POP3 E-Mail Color-Coded Notifier App?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »

Enhanced Email at the Google Play Store allows you to setup multiple Pop, Imap, and Exchange accounts. You can also designate the color for each account and select to show the new mail notification in the account color. You will find it well worth the purchase cost.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline jdanniel

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Is There a Multiple POP3 E-Mail Color-Coded Notifier App?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:10:30 AM »
Might work.  Is there a trial for it?

Oh wait...there's a support forum where I can request a trial copy. 

Thank you!

Jd

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt