March 29, 2024, 01:04:40 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Accessory Spotlight: Kingston Wi-Drive  (Read 14190 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Accessory Spotlight: Kingston Wi-Drive
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:23 AM »
I think this is the Seagate drive you're talking about.   It's more than twice the price of the Kingston but it's a lot more storage room so might be worth it.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline denlucier

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:01:22 AM »
I think this is the Seagate drive you're talking about.   It's more than twice the price of the Kingston but it's a lot more storage room so might be worth it.

Yup that's it best 200 bucks spent, other then my nexus.

JayJ

Re: Re: Re: Nexus 7 Accessory Spotlight: Kingston Wi-Drive
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  I haven't found a way to play videos or music residing on the Wi Drive using anything other than the stock player.  I've tried everything / way that I can think of...but I may be missing something...but I don't think so.  The stock software works OK, but it does not have all the "bells and whistles" of some of the third party apps normally used on tablets/smartphones.  It does work as advertised, it is easy to set up and it works...it just will not win a beauty contest.

As I feared, in which case I think I'll give it a miss, very disappointed! Might try emailing Kingston...

As for the suggestion of a HDD, mind if defeats the purpose of the Kingdom because I want something portable and wireless. I have an OTG cable and two 32GB Thumb drives, I wanted something that wasn't going to effect the portability of my N7 and an OTG cable with Thumb drive isn't too bad but I thought the Kingston Wi-Drive was the answer to my prayers...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
I love my 32gb. Although I cannot get the ridge to work on my network. I have been able to use it elsewhere but not at home. I was on the phone with Kingston and they couldn't figure it out either. Annoying. I wish I would have bought the 64 though. I am thinking of selling mine and ordering it. The store is  bought mine at only had the 32 and only one in stock. I jumped on it cause it was on sale at $69.
The video seems to open in MX player
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:57:37 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt