March 28, 2024, 08:36:39 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Accessory Review: The Ultimate SleeveCase by WaterField Designs  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Waterfield Designs (Link) based in San Francisco, CA not only boasts of custom designs and quality construction, they provide a complete line of bags, sleeves, and pouches for your electronic devices, and give us an assortment of case options for our Nexus 7. My personal choice the "Ultimate SleeveCase" offers the user, who prefers the naked feel of the Nexus 7, the ultimate in protection and style. The case has a soft patented Ultrasuede inter lining, neoprene cushioning, and a ballistic nylon outer shell, which combine to offer impact and water resistance. The case options include D-rings, a shoulder strap, and a leather bottom accent. I chose the leather accent and did not regret my decision. The naked Nexus 7 fits snuggly in the case and is secured with a Velcro closure allowing the Nexus 7 to be held securely with no internal case movement, therefore do not plan on using a portfolio case in conjunction with the SleeveCase.

I find the WaterField case most useful as extra protection for my device that can be dropped into a messenger bag, backpack, or purse when you are on the go and yet it is stylish and functional enough to be used on its own, when attending a business meeting. If you travel by air frequently, you well also appreciate that the design is also TSA Checkpoint Friendly, which negates removing the tablet at the airport security check point. I did not find that the compact design of the case lent itself to the use of a shoulder strap and preferred using it as a clutch case when using it on its own.

There is a convenient rear storage compartment that is the perfect size for my OTG cable and USB drive without taking away from the compact look of the case. If I had one suggestion for WaterField I would like to see the case include the ability to activate the magnetic on/off switch on tablet insertion and removal. The Ultimate SleeveCase is not your everyday budget item, but quality comes at a price and this is one case that I plan to use for a long time.

You can see all of the WaterField Designs products at their website by clicking Here or just the SleeveCase Here.

Review by Nexus7Forum.com Moderator S.Prime.

Additional Views of the Ultimate SleeveCase:

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:59:53 PM by S.Prime »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline wpb1960

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Accessory Review: The Ultimate SleeveCase by WaterField Designs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
Nice product, little pricey !!!!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime