March 28, 2024, 07:58:44 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus Media Importer App problem...  (Read 2658 times)

Offline bob7794

• Popularity: 3
    • View Profile
Nexus Media Importer App problem...
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:39 PM »
I can't get this app to play .flv files.  What type of files is it suppose to play?

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Media Importer App problem...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
I don't believe it 'plays' anything.  It's designed simply to get your files over to your Nexus 7.  You need to have a 'player' installed on your Nexus 7 that is able to play whatever kind of file you're trying to play.  A .flv file is a flash file so you might want do a search on the forum on how to install flash on your Nexus 7 and then use a compatible program/browser.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
The app streams video and music files. You can also view photos and documents. It has its own player built in. You can save files to your Nexus but you can't write or change files until they are on the tablet. I would like the ability to use my choice of app to view and play my files but at this point I believe that isn't an option. The developer updates almost daily so I think there is much more to come with the app. I am hoping for a way to play mp3+G files but he says that probably isn't going to be possible.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:45:54 PM by bjs229 »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
What is it you are trying to view? If u want to view flash on the Nexus you need to find and install the flash apk file and download a browser that supports flash. CHROME will not support Flash. I use Puffin and it works pretty well. Firefox supports flash as well.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
I stand corrected. (thanks bjs229) 

For flash files try JayJ's easy Flash install for non-rooted Nexus 7s here in the forum.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman