March 28, 2024, 11:01:46 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Transferring photos from camera to Nexus 7  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Rin

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Transferring photos from camera to Nexus 7
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
I looked around for an answer on transferring photos directly from a camera to the Nexus 7 and didn't find anything very definitive or easy.

I took my Panasonic camera and used the camera cable to connect to my OTG cable and connected to the Nexus 7.
My camera has transfer options of PC or pictbridge. I was pretty sure the PC option wouldn't work, only PC or Mac. I tried the pictbridge option and up on the Nexus 7 screen came the choice of Nexus  Media Importer or Gallery. I tried Media Importer and that did not work. However, I then tried Gallery and that did work. I was able to import photos from my camera directly to Nexus 7. I hope this is useful for others, whether it will work with other cameras, don't know, many do have the pictbridge option now so that may be the key.

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring photos from camera to Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:15:54 PM »
As owner of a Pany FZ150 and an N7 this is indeed great news.

Haven't gotten around to attempting image transfers yet but I thought I'd need to rely on one of the techniques that allows N7 to read a USB device.  Then I would read directly from SDHC. using a USB card reader.  Your way is another option.  All I need is to find a suitable mini-usb cable that connects camera to N7.

Offline jonv

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Transferring photos from camera to Nexus 7
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:40:26 AM »
I just started experimenting with using an EyeFi card in my camera which sets up a direct mode wifi connection with the tablet and downloads the images as you shoot.  You are then able to edit some and share to social media on the go.  When I get home I plug the N7 into my desktop and import the images into LightRoom and the harddrive for safekeeping, cataloguing and postporcessing.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman