March 28, 2024, 04:06:17 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1376 times)

Offline deadhead18

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: September 18, 2012, 03:50:51 AM »
Hi, I'm new to Nexus 7 Forum and in a way I'm not quite there yet. I say this because I haven't got my Nexus 7 yet but I know it will arrive for Christmas, but I thought it would be useful to see what info and tips are available before it arrives; so that I'm up and running as soon as it's out of the box! My name is deadhead18, derived from my favourite band (can you guess) and I'm a studio manager (sound engineer) in BBC Radio Drama; so I spend my working life making plays for Radio 4; Radio 3 and BBC7. My reason for buying a Nexus is that I spend quite a lot of time in Greece and the island I go to used to have a few internet cafes, but the surge in laptop ownership has meant they have closed, because now you sit in most cafes and use w-fi. I don't own a laptop and don't want to lug one arpound with me; so the Nexus looked ideal. I found it by researching the new Kindle fire through TechRadar and they blew it away when compared to the Nexus. I hope I have made the right choice; so any advice from other members would be very useful.
Thanks for allowing me in.
deadhead18

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »
First welcome to the forum deadhead18 and I think we will see a lot of new users on Christmas morning. As for your choice of the Nexus 7, I can only share that it is my third tablet and it is the one I carry to work daily. You have also made a good choice by joining our forum to learn about your tablet before it arrives.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
Welcome Deadhead18.  I agree with Techradar that the Nexus 7 is a better device in many respects.  It'll give you many more options to customize and offer more apps than the Kindle Fire.  The OS is much better as well and if you travel to Greece the Nexus 7 can use its GPS and maps to show you around...something the Kindle Fire can't do because it lacks GPS.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
And another welcome from me too deadhead18, your resident UK moderator.
I too believe you've made the right decision in the Nexus 7 and this wonderful forum, take some time to have a good read of the forum because there is an awful lot of good information here.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum. DEADHEAD!  Jerry fan!  have to wonder what Jerry would be like stoned messing around with this cool new technology.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:31:01 PM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts