March 29, 2024, 12:57:03 AM

collapse

Author Topic: First tablet  (Read 1479 times)

Offline dden4012

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
First tablet
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
I just wanted to take the time to say hello to the forum. I have been lurking for a bit and made a few post but never introduced myself.
I bought the tab at Office Depot a few days before going on vacation to Tennessee. Thanks to the devs and testers i had it unlocked and rooted on CM nightlies in no time.
Google had put out an update the day before the trip, that allowed offline storing on map sections.
I never felt lost. Was never bored.
As of now it is back to stock and locked thanks to Wugfresh's toolkit.
Btw on also on androidforums in the LG Esteem section.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: First tablet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
Glad you took the time to introduce yourself, dden4012. Out of curiosity, why did you decide to go back to the stock OS?
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 04:02:54 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »
Welcome dden4012, I tried CM10 but wasn't overtly impressed, running Paranoid Android 2.13 ATM and like it allot. Have the same question a Prime, why root and flash a custom ROM for your vacation but revert to stock upon your return? Just curious...

Offline dden4012

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:37:51 AM »
Really just cause I can. I did have some minor issues with the nightlies like trying to copy/paste and Osmosis HD was glitching. I tried a lot of the roms and a few kernals out there and most were nice. I will probably reroot once CM releases an official rom. I really don't see anything wrong with the n7 in stock form. There isn't anything i would call bloatware on it, i don't see any reason to oc it, does everything i want it to do.
I'm sure I will unlock and root it again, probably before anything official comes from CM. Its just so easy thanks to Wugfresh. My introduction into unlocking devices was when someone found an exploit in a game for the sony psp. I can't stop, I won't stop, i couldn't even if i tried ^-^

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
The stock ROM is great but it's the tweaks and mods that make custom ROM's better, battery percent mods, tablet UI, notification toggles, lock screen targets etc. I too am not interested in over clocking the N7, it's good enough stock and overclocking is only going to wear out my hardware quicker from the heat.
I'm really liking Paranoid Android and it's customization, it's like no other ROM available with it's hybrid tablet mode. I did try it on my S2 but hybrid tablet mode does not work so well on a smaller screen, it does look great on the N7 though.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman