If you are using Microsoft Office 2010 and want to transfer your contacts to your Nexus 7 without embracing the Google cloud, you can use the following method to transfer your contacts, but remember that they will not synchronize, so if you change a contact on your Nexus 7 it will not change in Outlook.
1. Create an email message in Outlook.
2. Select Attach Item > Business Card > Other Business Cards…
3. Hold down Shift or CTRL and click the contacts you wish to include in the export. Click OK when finished.
4. Create a folder on your Desktop to hold your vCard files.
5. In the Attached section of the fake email you created, you will have a bunch of files with an extension of VCF. You can highlight all of these files and drag them to the folder on your Desktop. You will now have a folder filled with your previous contacts in VCF or vCard format.
6. Use Google Drive or DropBox to transfer the vcf files to your Nexus 7 (remember the location, so that you can delete them later).
7. Open contacts on the Nexus 7 and tap the menu, select import from sdcard, and select the account where the contacts will be added. Note if you are using the stock launcher, tap the app icon (circle with dots inside) and scroll to "People."