March 28, 2024, 02:14:14 AM

collapse

Poll

What feature are you most excited about in the Nexus 7 Tablet?

Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad-Core (4+1) 1.3 GHz Processor
18 (39.1%)
GeForce 12 Core GPU
0 (0%)
1280 x 800 IPS Display
6 (13%)
NFC Chip
0 (0%)
Low Price
22 (47.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: What feature are you most excited about in the Nexus 7 Tablet?  (Read 5789 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
What feature are you most excited about in the Nexus 7 Tablet?  With the pending introduction of its Google branded, Asus built, Nexus 7 tablet, what is the feature that you are looking forward to the most?  Is it the Tegra 3 quad-core processor?  the 1280x800 IPS display?  The $199/$249 price?  Something else?  Let us know by voting in the poll and telling us why in the comments.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:21:39 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What feature are you most excited about in the Nexus 7 Tablet?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:10:15 PM »
I just can't go for this unless there is microSD option. I wish we had some confirmation so I could either be excited or move on to something else.
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
We should know all by tomorrow.  I actually would be surprised if there isn't either microSD or microUSB of some sort.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline Paul

• This is the droid I have been looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
I am disappointed it does not have a micro-SD card in it but will have to get used to using the cloud I guess.
Bluetooth and micro-USB is very be nice to have.
No cameras - No problem
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:10:39 PM by Paul »
This is the droid I have been looking for.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
Oh Google, please get it right with the SD card and at least include a port where we can add a USB, HDMI adapter.

Cheap price will not mean a thing if everything has to be done "in the cloud".

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline tumpy

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »
Kindle fire sells millions it is not pure android no SD card no HDMI,
I would think the next Gen nexus will have those features, just like the Xoom at first everyone dump on it and that was the reason I got one, to date we are the first to get all of what Google  has to offer first, with over 100+gig of cloud space micro SD is the least of my storing problem..

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
True.  I guess the cloud is the future...but not one I care about.  It would have been nice to use an sd card for transferring pics from my camera since it doesn't have bluetooth, or to grab a file quickly from work without having to wait for it to transfer up.  For the pics, I guess I will have to transfer them to my computer, since I edit most of them anyway, than transfer to tablet.  This should hopefully work with the USB on Nexus 7.

Some people state that the cloud lessens the quality of their music files (?) but I guess Google needed a way to make some money on this device, thus the store, cloud, etc.  Luckily they included the USB or sales would not have been near as good.   No doubt it is a great tablet, but an sd card port and HDMI port would have been a game changer.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
True.  I guess the cloud is the future...but not one I care about..... 

Some people state that the cloud lessens the quality of their music files (?) but I guess Google needed a way to make some money on this device, thus the store, cloud, etc.  Luckily they included the USB or sales would not have been near as good.   No doubt it is a great tablet, but an sd card port and HDMI port would have been a game changer.

I'm with you.  If it is true that the cloud degrades the music, then it probably also compresses the video files.  At that rate it is TOTALLY worthless to me, as it isn't true storage.  Anybody have any thoughts on that subject?

The lack of a sd card slot is bad enough, if they had not included the USB, I would not have ordered it. 

Offline garryknight

• Waiting for my 16GB Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
The feature I'm most looking forward to playing with is Google Now. My guess is that it won't run as well here in the UK as in the States, but I look forward to being proved wrong.
Garry Knight

Offline Shaiy007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:28 PM »
I'm most excited about the over all improvements, the whole package. Jellybean is going to be a big step up from honeycomb. The OS, processor, the smaller size, - it's all going to be a new experience for me. I'm especially excited about the Google now and Google search. It seems really well designed. Also, the Chrome browser is going to be so much better than the other old browsers. Really, there's nothing wrong with it. :-)

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 01:30:01 AM »
It's the combination of newest OS, quad-core processor, gps/compass/accelerometer & gyroscope, all for the price of a Nook or Fire.
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline bradyfix

• Popularity: 2
  • "On the cusp of in the know" and EVOLVR.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 08:54:09 PM »
Wanted something that could keep up with me. ::)

Offline DaveS

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:30 AM »
Supposedly smooth fast performance pulled me in.

Offline Archie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
I'm looking for faster response times.

Offline Slider9499

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
I was on the fence and seriously looking at a RIM Playbook. Bput with all of their problems, I could not justify dropping $300 on a product that might now have a company behind a year from now

The processor speed is a huge plus for me as well as the ability to use the tablet for business. I own an iPad but the lack of Flash and other document related issues do not make it as functional as the media would lead one to believe.

A few months back I bought an Asus TF101 and was greatly disaapointed as to how horribly slow it was, not to mention the browser was absolutely terrible. I sold it on eBay, banked the cash and used it to purchase the Nexus. Based upon all the review I've read to date, I doubt I am going to be disappointed.
Peace,

Slider

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt