March 28, 2024, 03:54:15 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Reasons why you want your Nexus 7 NOW  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Reasons why you want your Nexus 7 NOW
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »
Though I'm a tech geek, usually I can wait for the release of something I preorder. Hell, I've never even purchased my iPhones on any of the launch dates, so I do have patience. That being said, for personal reasons, I wish I had it already. I'm going on a cruise for a week, July 16th to July 23rd. I'll be bringing my Kindle Fire, which has all of my books and some cool games and movies, but man it would have been fun to have the Nexus 7 along for the ride with some games optimized for its Tegra 3 chip (especially Dead Trigger). And then the Kindle App for my books and some movies.

Obviously I'm being a greedy little tech geek, but do some of you have reasons why you'd love to have your Nexus 7 right now ?

Offline edhunter

• View Profile
Re: Reasons why you want your Nexus 7 NOW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »
I'm looking forward to using it for reading books on.  I've just learnt that I can store all my books in mobi format in my drop box account and access them through my Galaxy S3 whenever I want to read them by moving them to my kindle folder.  I'm assuming that I will be able to do the same when my Nexus 7 arrives.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 02:53:20 PM »
Though I'm a tech geek, usually I can wait for the release of something I preorder. Hell, I've never even purchased my iPhones on any of the launch dates, so I do have patience. That being said, for personal reasons, I wish I had it already. I'm going on a cruise for a week, July 16th to July 23rd. I'll be bringing my Kindle Fire, which has all of my books and some cool games and movies, but man it would have been fun to have the Nexus 7 along for the ride with some games optimized for its Tegra 3 chip (especially Dead Trigger). And then the Kindle App for my books and some movies.

Obviously I'm being a greedy little tech geek, but do some of you have reasons why you'd love to have your Nexus 7 right now ?

That is reason enough for me. ;D Scott99 needs his Nexus 7 for a cruise delivered by the 13th for his 16th departure, so IMHO, Google needs to start shipping the 9th of July. So, +1 or +1 and comment if you support Scott99's claim for delivery by the 13th... ;D
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to using it for reading books on.  I've just learnt that I can store all my books in mobi format in my drop box account and access them through my Galaxy S3 whenever I want to read them by moving them to my kindle folder.  I'm assuming that I will be able to do the same when my Nexus 7 arrives.

Hope you are not planning on using wifi on your cruise, it is very expensive and slow.

Offline Jackson

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
I'm excite just because it is finally a device to be smooth as hell and will not be topped for a long time to come looking a little shipping info http://thereistechnologyforthat.blogspot.com/2012/07/news-of-nexus-7-release.html?m=1

Offline nhobbit

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »
I want it now.  My car needs it's 15k tune up and I'm waiting until I get my N7 so I can wait/play at the autoshop.  ;)

Offline DaveS

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:47:46 PM »
7 will be my first tablet... seems tempting enough. Going into hospital in next few days for horrific procedure and it would be great to have it during recovery........

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 09:48:52 AM »
7 will be my first tablet... seems tempting enough. Going into hospital in next few days for horrific procedure and it would be great to have it during recovery........

best of luck to you Dave with your surgery. Hopefully you'll have your Nexus 7 during your recovery.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman