March 29, 2024, 05:10:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Replace netbook with Nexus 7 ?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline sherwooddavid

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Replace netbook with Nexus 7 ?
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:29 AM »
Hi everyone !

First post here and I am just trying to figure out if the Nexus 7 is right for me and if it will be a good replacement for my netbook.

My netbook is so slow and bulky and I think it's time for a change but I know very little about tablets and am just trying to educate myself before I pull the trigger so there's no surprises.

I usually take the netbook with me when I travel so I can check my email,bank accounts and monitor my Fantasy Football team and surf the web.

One concern I have is that I live in Canada and have a lifetime sub to the U.S. SiriusXM and am being told that I will not be able to download that app as it is only available in the U.S.

I will be going to the US next month and am wondering if I purchased the Nexus 7 then and set it up with a new Google account while I was there would I be able to download the U.S. SiriusXM app....... and what happens when I get back home,can I switch back to my normal Google account ?  Hope this is the correct thread. Thanks in advance !

Regards,Dave

Offline wvcadle

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Replace netbook with Nexus 7 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
Since both require network access, I would definitely suggest you get the Nexus 7. Unless I'm writing a paper or something, I rarely use my laptop... and it's brand new! Couldn't you just change your profile to say you live in the U.S., then when you get to the states, download the XM app?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman