March 29, 2024, 03:24:23 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Passwords  (Read 3612 times)

Offline twdawson

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Passwords
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:08:36 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good password backup app with dropbox feature so i dont have to remember all my passwords.

Thanks.

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Passwords
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:38:08 AM »
Try Safe in Cloud Password Keeper.  It's two bucks, but seems to dump everything to the cloud drive of your choice.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

Offline rainman4tech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:37:58 AM »
I'll got to sing the praises of Lastpass basic is free and $12.00 gets all the extras. It stores in the cloud and on each system you use it on, each blob of password is encrypted so only you have access to it. You can access your passwords via an app or web browser, it will create strong passwords and remember them for you. I love it and it has the Steve Gibson stamp of approval, don't get better than that in my book.
Www.Lastpass.com
Rainman

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:48 PM »
I can second the nomination for LastPass! excellent for anyone who wants security, and/or saved passwords.

Offline Jamieb158

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:20 AM »
I use splashid,  its on my laptop,  iphone,  android phone and nexus,  i can sync with the laptop over wifi, has blowfish encryption and you get 6 guesses at a password then it wipes the database on the local device.  On the windows and iphone version it can hold attachments so i have scans of all my certificates,  insurance docs,  licence etc so in the event of an emergency i have everything with me,  this is promised on the android version soon (presuming they are true to their word).

Offline blue_bullet

• Popularity: 3
  • Gettin' by on gettin' by
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
I'll got to sing the praises of Lastpass basic is free and $12.00 gets all the extras. It stores in the cloud and on each system you use it on, each blob of password is encrypted so only you have access to it. You can access your passwords via an app or web browser, it will create strong passwords and remember them for you. I love it and it has the Steve Gibson stamp of approval, don't get better than that in my book.
Www.Lastpass.com
Rainman

The only problem I have with Lastpass premier version on the Nexus 7 is it is unstable.  I have to restart it frequently which is a PITA if you have a complicated Lastpass master password.  I use Safe Notes to store the password to copy to Lastpass.  Safe Notes requires a 4 digit PIN so it is easier to use than retyping an involved password.  Safe Notes lets me copy/paste the password to Lastpass.  I have checked the Lastpass support site to fix the stability issue to no avail.  Lastpass does not crash on my iPod Touch or my B&N Color Tablet (gingerbread) so it must be a Jelly Bean issue.

It is still the best password manager IMO.  I will not get the Xmarks ($8) option again though.  It does not play well with the Google Chrome browser.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
I use KeePass Password Safe on my Windows and Linux machines and KeePassDroid on my Nexus 7.  Your passwords aren't saved in the cloud which is fine with me.  Some things I don't trust to remote servers.  It is easy to sync the data file between all of your machines.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »
Roboform anywhere works great.  AI filler and synchs to all your devices.

Offline ddooley

• View Profile
Re: Re: Passwords
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 10:54:46 PM »
I use KeePass Password Safe on my Windows and Linux machines and KeePassDroid on my Nexus 7.  Your passwords aren't saved in the cloud which is fine with me.  Some things I don't trust to remote servers.  It is easy to sync the data file between all of your machines.

I use this as well, but use drop box to sync between machines.

Offline limbot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 04:39:48 AM »
+1
Lastpass client on Chrome and Firefox on my PCs

Lastpass client on my Nexus 7 and HTC Desire with the client for Dolphin HD and Firefox .

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman