March 28, 2024, 08:03:31 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Ipad Mini?  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Hawkmoon

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Ipad Mini?
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:18:47 AM »
Just wondering about the rumoured 7" Ipad and the prices that are being mention of around £200. Now I think  they are just rumours (well there is nothing from Apple but is there ever) and people are just quoting what they think Apple would sell it for, because that is what the Nexsu 7 and Kindle Fire will be. So if they are going to sell it for about £200, would it be a cut down Ipad (cool and funky) or a bigger Ipod (a bit sad).

Oh and what ever it is I will have my Nexsu 7.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Ipad Mini?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »
The biggest critic of the 7" tab was Steve Jobs.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure about this.  If Apple even releases a 7" tablet I'm betting it'll be closer to $300 but have more bells and whistles then the Fire or N7, like two cameras and more storage plus possibly 3G/4G connectivity.

Personally I'm not a fan of iOS, so I'll stick with Android and the N7 even though it has a few shortfalls.

Offline trainerKEN

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure about this.  If Apple even releases a 7" tablet I'm betting it'll be closer to $300 but have more bells and whistles then the Fire or N7, like two cameras and more storage plus possibly 3G/4G connectivity.

Personally I'm not a fan of iOS, so I'll stick with Android and the N7 even though it has a few shortfalls.

+1

Offline Puce Moose

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »
I like my iPod Touch, but I don't have much of a desire to have a larger iOS device. The greater freedom of rooting/custom loads on the android platform drew me to the N7, and it seems to be the best of the bunch at the price point.

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:51:21 PM »
I would guess, less storage.

Offline DaveS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
Typically, Apple have placed themselves at the top of the market. My guess is they WILL produce an iPad Nano, 8" screen, 16GB, $350. Sane?

Offline Portsider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:36:02 PM »
Latest rumors on the Ipad mini is that the price point will be $250-$300, indicating that there will be 2 storage options (and, typically, no expandable storage). Also it's been said that it will not sport the retina display, as well. Seems to me that the retina display is one of the chief 'drawing cards' of the ipad. we'll see how it competes with the NX7. Ya know it'll be 'fanboy' euphoria!
NX7...Official tablet of the Dark Knight

Offline RDJW

• Popularity: 2
  • N7 8G, Thrive 16G
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 07:43:26 PM »
The only Apple thing I have ever owned is one of the earlier iPod Nano devices. It's great and I love it for walking, but never had any desire to "cross over" into the more powerful devices. I try to support open source whenever I can. This technology is the last refuge of the buckaroo.  I love watching the tablet market -who's got the latest and greatest, and what will the Google/Amazon/Apple responses be? We consumers will be the ultimate winners. I expect I'll have a crate of ageing tablets before I curl up my toes.
Specialization is for insects.    --R.A.Heinlein

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts