March 29, 2024, 01:14:10 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Accessory Spotlight: 'Portenzo BookCase' and 'Pro Stylus'  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

I recently got the opportunity to try a unique case for my Nexus 7 made by Portenzo, a company who's ads you might have seen before on the Nexus 7 Forum site from time to time.  Like a lot of you that use your Nexus 7 tablets frequently I was looking for a case that could be both protective and easy to use, but also to have a bit of unique styling that could make my N7 stand out from the crowd.   So did my Portenzo meet my needs?  Read on to find out...

I first went to Portenzo's site at http://www.portenzo.com/ and browsed the different style cases.  When you click on a selection you will notice that your range is Apple and Nexus. My choice was the “Classic” and then “BookCase for Nexus” and you can then select the outside color, the inside color, and even the color of the elastic strap.

I loaded up my shopping cart with a Black Outside Cover and a Red Inside Cover and skipped the elastic band (added security, but not a necessity since I carry my Nexus 7 in a messenger bag), but be sure to include the “Hidden Magnets” and “IntelliStand”, as you will want this to rest the Nexus 7 in an upright position in landscape mode to view videos. Personal embossing is available, which creates a personal case or a unique gift.  A “Pro Stylus” is also available with metal construction and a very nice soft tip design, which I will have to admit, is the best captive stylus that I have used and well worth the $9.95 price. The stylus also includes the option for personalized laser engraving, which is excellent quality.

The color picker lets you pick your exterior and interior colors in any combination for your own unique case!

Portenzo BookCase for the Google Nexus 7™ Features:

- Hand sanded American Maple frames with Smooth radius corners for a truly unique look.
- Double-Glued elastic band won't ever come undone!
- Optional IntelliStand adds the versatility of more viewing angles to your case.
- Automatic sleep/wake feature included by default (no charge), no matter what options you choose.
- MagnaGrip™ cover eliminates the elastic band for a cleaner look.

The Portenzo case is a handmade case with natural maple frame along with their Grip-Right securing system, which are corner bumpers that secure your Nexus 7 level to the case frame.  This allows for full edge to edge touch of the Nexus 7 screen, unlike many cases that make it difficult to swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification bar. The available options, like the IntelliStand and MagnaGrip allow you to transform to the perfect typing stand or viewing stand, when in landscape mode, and then snap it right back into place, when you want a standard case. In portrait mode the case opens to provide a unique handle effect to provide a secure grip when using a single handed grasp. The automatic wake and sleep mode works flawlessly and most importantly only activates when the case is completely closed.

When my Portenzo case arrived, I opened the box and was impressed with the quality.  The embossing of my name on the front looked fantastic and the fit and finish of the hand-crafted cover was impeccable.  The unique look of the 'BookCase' really makes it stand out compared to the plethora of standard folio and portfolio covers available.  It helps make my Nexus 7 feel uniquely mine and provides great protection to boot.   In fact, while I previously had used a leather folio cover for my tablet I can honestly say that once I pressed my Nexus 7 into the “Grip-Right securing system” of my Portenzo BookCase...I haven't removed it since.  If you're looking for a unique way to protect your Nexus 7 investment I highly recommend you consider the Potenzo BookCase at the link below.  I think you'll be happy you did.

Review by S.Prime at www.Nexus7forum.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:25:35 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman