March 29, 2024, 03:56:28 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Anyone cancel from Gamestop to get their Nexus 7 earlier from Staples ?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Scott99

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
I'm thinking of doing exactly that. I'm leaving on a cruise on 7/16, and if I can get my Nexus 7 prior to that, I think I may cancel from Gamestop and preorder from Staples today. Anyone else doing that ?

Offline kyoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
funny i'm taking a trip in early august, hoping to take my nexus with me too

Offline LanceJ

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Anyone cancel from Gamestop to get their Nexus 7 earlier from Staples ?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »
No staples near me... I am going tomorrow to see if the GameStop preorders still come with a $25 google play credit... If not I'll cancel and order from google play.

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Man, Scott, that's a tough call.  Staples says orders placed by July 10th will ship between the 12th and the 17th.  So does that mean orders placed last (10th by 4:00pm) will go out on the 17th or will all orders go out on one day between those dates?

Gamestop says:

"Remember to choose USA Overnight as your shipping option so you can start playing ASAP. We process pre-orders as soon as we get inventory from the vendors and ship out USA Overnight orders first, USA 2-Day orders next and so on."     So it depends on which shipping you chose.

It's anybody's guess at this point.  They say Gamestop is starting delivery the same time the Google Store is.  If you do stay with them, just keep checking your credit card statement as they don't bill until they ship.

Lance, I thought the $25 credit, movie, etc. was a Google thing, no matter where you bought it.  May be wrong, but more websites say Gamestop is offering credit than not.

Let us know what you find out, I think a lot of people are expecting the credits.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by Drew »
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
So, I go into Staples on 33rd street NYC yesterday, 7/9/12. First employee I see (who looks like a heroin addict), I say, "I hear you are taking pre-orders on the Nexus 7", he says "Huh ?". I said, "Can you get me someone who knows about Tablets ?". He calls a "Tech" guy over, I say to him "I hear you are taking pre-orders on the Nexus 7", he says "Pre-orders on the Who ?". I promptly left the store.

I took this as a sign, and I'm just going to stick with Gamestop. There was no way I could be guaranteed that I'd get my Nexus 7 before my cruise on 7/15 from Staples, so I have no problem waiting for it from Gamestop. Also, Gamestop probably won't get them by 7/22, my first day back, so I'm ok with waiting until they do get them.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Hmm, sorry about your crummy experience at Staples.  Guess the geeks on here know more than most retailers....

r
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
Glad I trusted my instincts, went into Gamestop today to put more money down on my Nexus 7 (had only deposited $50). I asked them when they expect to get them in, the guy looks at his computer and says, in 2 days, July 12th ! I was shocked (in a good way).

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
There ya go....let us know Thursday?
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
So, I go into Staples on 33rd street NYC yesterday, 7/9/12. First employee I see (who looks like a heroin addict), I say, "I hear you are taking pre-orders on the Nexus 7", he says "Huh ?". I said, "Can you get me someone who knows about Tablets ?". He calls a "Tech" guy over, I say to him "I hear you are taking pre-orders on the Nexus 7", he says "Pre-orders on the Who ?". I promptly left the store.

I took this as a sign, and I'm just going to stick with Gamestop. There was no way I could be guaranteed that I'd get my Nexus 7 before my cruise on 7/15 from Staples, so I have no problem waiting for it from Gamestop. Also, Gamestop probably won't get them by 7/22, my first day back, so I'm ok with waiting until they do get them.
The Gamestop folk usually at least play games.  Staples and Best Buy just pay minimum and want you to sell the extended care plans.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman