collapse

Author Topic: Google Rumored To Be Working With Samsung On 10 Inch Nexus Device  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

A pretty solid rumor seems to be making its way around the tech blogosphere the past couple of days.  It stems from a report by the analyst from NPD DisplaySearch, Richard Shim.  He's reporting that the device will be about 10 inches and sport a super high screen resolution of 2560 x 1600, which would give it a PPI (pixels per inch) of 299, which is even greater than the 'Retina' display iPad 3 which comes in at 264 PPI.  "It's going to be a high-end device," Shim said, quoted in the story published on Monday. "They'll partner with Samsung and co-brand it with Samsung."

It looks like Google is looking to hit both the high end and low end of the tablet market with the 7 inch Nexus 7 appealing to budget conscious tablet buyers and this new 'Nexus 10' appealing to those looking for more of a high end 'prestige' purchase.  No further details were available and Google hasn't made an official comment about the matter.   What do you think?   Would a 'high end' 2560 x 1600 resolution 'Nexus 10' appeal to you?  What would you pay for such a device?  Would you buy both a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 10 or would one eat into the other's market?  Let us hear your comments below!

zdnet

If you like our community please spread the word and help us grow by providing a link from your site to Nexus7Forum.com

Offline Archie

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Google Rumored To Be Working With Samsung On 10 Inch Nexus Device
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »
I'm saving now for the 10".  I'm thinking I'd pay up to about $399. 

My Nexus is great but I'd like just a bit bigger screen and now that I Have Foxfi I can use them anywhere.

My current resolution is fine for what I do...mainly read newspapers and do Google searches.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 02:37:19 PM »
I'm not at all interested in a ten inch screen.  Seven inches is the perfect size for me.  It's easy to hold with one hand.  It fits perfectly in the pockets of cargo shorts.  Although it isn't a big difference, they usually cost a little less.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
I'm not at all interested in a ten inch screen.  Seven inches is the perfect size for me.  It's easy to hold with one hand.  It fits perfectly in the pockets of cargo shorts.  Although it isn't a big difference, they usually cost a little less.

I agree.  I don't think I would necessarily want anything bigger than the 7" form factor.  Otherwise, I would just carry my laptop.  The 7" form factor has that portability that outweights the thought of having a higher resolution screen or that much more homescreen space.  If you really want pictures bigger just hold the darn thing closer to your face! :D

Offline JayJ

• Android Jedi
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 73
  • Long term Android fan, long term A**le hater!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
I'm going to third this, I love my Nexus 7. The size is perfect for my usage and portability...
Nexus 5 stock rooted 4.4 Franco kernel

Nexus 7 FHD stock rooted 4.4

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
I'll take one and I would spend 800 bucks if it has the right specs and a good build quality.

Offline Archie

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:15:18 AM »
Today I bought a 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab. It has Ice Cream Sandwich on it. So I'm going to play with it and see if I like the Nexus 7 or Galaxy 10 inch better.

I already like the larger keyboard and it's comparable in speed but the battery life is going to be an issue. It looks like about a three hour or less battery life.

The rear facing camera is nice too.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Google Rumored To Be Working With Samsung On 10 Inch Nexus Device
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
Today I bought a 10" Samsung Galaxy Tab. It has Ice Cream Sandwich on it. So I'm going to play with it and see if I like the Nexus 7 or Galaxy 10 inch better.

I already like the larger keyboard and it's comparable in speed but the battery life is going to be an issue. It looks like about a three hour or less battery life.

Yeah except is only has a dual core processor and has a horrible touch wiz interface and sub par build quality

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Google Rumored To Be Working With Samsung On 10 Inch Nexus Device
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 11:21:12 AM »

Should have got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 ;D

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 06:18:50 PM »
I have the 10" Galaxy Tab and the N7.  I like the N7 for most things, except for watching movies.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
JayJ JayJ
2100 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1260 Posts