March 29, 2024, 07:13:13 AM

collapse

Author Topic: 32GB Nexus 7 Pre-sale Page Appears On Spain Carphone Warehouse Site  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

It looks like all we're waiting for now is the official announcement of the 32GB version of the Nexus 7.  Any doubt that the new higher ram spec version of Google's tablet have basically been laid to rest this morning as Carphone Warehouse in Spain posted a pre-sale page for the new tab on their website.   Costing an additional 30 euros for a total of 279€ there's no set date as to when the new device will arrive.  An open question still remains as to whether Google intends to replace the 16GB version of the Nexus 7 with the 32GB or whether it will offer both versions for sale.  If the latter the question remains as to whether a price drop will follow for the 16GB version.   What are your thoughts?  Will we see 8GB, 16GB and 32GB versions all available or will they drop one or the other lower spec tablets?

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: 32GB Nexus 7 Pre-sale Page Appears On Spain Carphone Warehouse Site
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »
I'm thinking they dump the 8. Then again who knows. I can't even register a serial number on their website.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20:27 PM »
It only makes sense to dump the 8. As it sits now, the 8 starts to seriously lag with less than 3gb free, so efficient usable space is even smaller. Not many would willingly choose that restriction with price points so close in range. So with the 32 at the $250-$270 price point, the 8 will likely phase out, unless Google comes up with a fix for the lag next week.

Offline liltyke

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:02 AM »
My guess would be that they drop the 8gb and the 16 drops to $199 and the 32 comes in at $250. Google hit a home run with the price point of the N7 and I wouldn't expect them to mess with that. Then they can add a 4g version with a annual fee like Amazon has done with the new Fire and have a very strong position in the market.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman