March 28, 2024, 04:41:15 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Google N7 hooked up to laptop can't find downloaded music  (Read 1483 times)

Offline elbryo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Google N7 hooked up to laptop can't find downloaded music
« on: October 14, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »
I downloaded a song from Google Play.  When I hooked up the N7 to my laptop to copy it, I couldn't find it in the Music folder..  In a previous post where a member couldn't find files, another member mentioned the Android folder.  The song is not there either.  Where are the songs dowloaded from Google Play stored?  Thanks

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Google N7 hooked up to laptop can't find downloaded music
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
Do you have internet access on the laptop? You can always access your music directly from google play.  Just login to to Play, then My Music.  Find the song that you want and click on the arrow in the bottom right corner of the song title.  It will give you the option to download directly. 

If you do not have internet access on the laptop, it might not work so well.  You will have to sort through the files that you have previously downloaded.  They are not stored by name, but with a number.  I believe that they are located in Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 04:49:20 PM »
On your Nexus 7 go to Apps > Play Music and the first screen is Play lists, then tap "Free and Purchased" and you will see your purchased music. There is no need to transfer Google Play content (music, video, etc.) to your tablet, when purchased through your Google account, it will be available. As was previously posted the content is not stored as a traditional music file (songname.mp3 for example)
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 05:10:41 PM »
On your Nexus 7 go to Apps > Play Music and the first screen is Play lists, then tap "Free and Purchased" and you will see your purchased music. There is no need to transfer Google Play content (music, video, etc.) to your tablet, when purchased through your Google account, it will be available. As was previously posted the content is not stored as a traditional music file (songname.mp3 for example)

I believe that the OP is trying to transfer the music from the N7 to the Laptop. As I mentioned, there is no need to transfer the music between devices as long as you have an internet connection, the music can be downloaded directly from Play Music. 

Offline elbryo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:05 PM »
loociddreemr is correct.  I was trying to copy from the N7 to the laptop.  The manual says that I can do that.  That it will come up as an external drive, and I can transfer back and forth.  This, as I have found out is not the case.

As it turns out, I downloaded the song again from Amazon, and I can now play it through the cloud player.  I didn't know about using Google Play from my laptop.  That is good to know.  You guys are great!  Thanks.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman