March 28, 2024, 10:08:29 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Pictures And Specs Leak Of Google and Asus 'Nexus 7' Tablet  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Specs and Pictures of the rumored Google Asus Nexus 7 tablet leaked onto the web today after a supposed 'training document' was posted by Gizmodo.com.au this morning.  While not verified authentic by Google or Asus, the 7 inch tablet shown does appear to contain specs as well as a design that have been expected when Google unveils the long-awaited Nexus branded tablet during Google I/O on Wednesday. 

Specs are aggressively high-brow for the price point with a 1.3 GHz Tegra 3 SOC powering the 7 inch tablet, a GeForce 12-core GPU handling graphics,  a 1280 x 800 IPS display with 178 degree viewing angles, 1 GB of ram and two storage size options, 8GB and 16GB priced at $199 or $249 respectively.   Other specs and features include built-in NFC with 'Google Wallet', support for 'Android Beam, a 1.2mp front facing camera and 9 hours of battery life.

The 'Nexus 7', as it is being called will be the first Android 4.1, 'Jelly Bean' powered tablet and the documents state that future updates of the OS will be handled directly by Google.   A Google branded flagship tablet has been rumored to be in the works as far back as January, during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.  It was there that Asus showed the Eee Pad MeMO 370T which many believe served as the basis for the Nexus 7 design.   Of course everything above is just rumor until confirmed by the companies involved but we should know all this week as Google I/O begins this Wednesday, June 27th.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 12:01:18 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures And Specs Leak Of Google and Asus 'Nexus 7' Tablet
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
I will look somewhere else if there is no microSD/SD option.
For me, microSD is the most important spec left unknown. If this is only going to have a max of 16GB on board, then I need expansion memory/storage!

Rumored perks left out that I can live with:
-no rear camera
- no 3g, bluetooth,
- no HDMI out
- possibly no gyroscope, (only accelerometer)
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »
Since 8 gigs of RAM doesn't cost $50, I'm hoping we will also get bluetooth and an SD card slot for the extra money.  If not, then I'm not sure why I would want one...   :(

Offline stinkyjak

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
No mention of SD... but bluetooth and microUSB are there.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&feature=shopping_cart#?t=W251bGwsMSwyXQ..

Tech Specs

SCREEN
7” 1280x800 HD display (216 ppi)
Back-lit IPS display
Scratch-resistant Corning glass
1.2MP front-facing camera
SIZE
198.5 x 120 x 10.45mm
WEIGHT
340g
WIRELESS
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth
MEMORY
16 GB internal storage
1 GB RAM
USB
Micro USB
BATTERY
4325 mAh (Up to 8 hours of active use)
OS
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
CPU
Quad-core Tegra 3 processor
FEATURES
Microphone
NFC (Android Beam)
Accelerometer
GPS
Magnetometer
Gyroscope

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_7_16GB?id=nexus_7_16gb&feature=shopping_cart#?t=W251bGwsMSwyXQ..
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
So our option is to use a USB adapter to have more memory?  That sounds kinda clumsy, but at least possible.  (Why would Google shoot themselves in the foot like that?)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 02:46:00 PM »
It's an attempt to encourage people to use/buy their Google Play content through the cloud.  That's where they make their money.  Similar to what Amazon's model is with the Kindle Fire.  But at least with the Nexus 7 it's not locked down.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman