March 29, 2024, 06:30:34 AM

collapse

Author Topic: ASUS keyboard...for root users only...  (Read 1364 times)

JayJ

ASUS keyboard...for root users only...
« on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
If your lucky enough to have had the the 4.1.2 update and you have a rooted device here's a little hack or mod for an alternative keyboard.
The ASUS keyboard is there on your Nexus 7 but for some reason it's frozen, why it's there and frozen I don't know but it's there so let's try it out.

Open Titanium Backup and without scrolling you should see the first purple/blue highlight of a frozen app and it should say "ASUS keyboard 3.0.0.0".

First tap on it and the backup screen will appear, select "Defrost !" and tap again again for the backup screen. This time swipe to the left to get to the "Special features" screen and choose the option to "Convert to user app", we're doing this because if you just defrost it it'll refreeze after a reboot.

Now go to "Language & input" in the "Settings" and tick the ASUS Keyboard to activate it. Now open a text input box like Google Play search or Google Now, tap the text input box to activate the cursor, pull the statusbar down to open notifications and select "Choose input method". Simply select ASUS keyboard and it will appear.

Like this...

Don't get me wrong here, it's nothing special but it's a bit of fun finding it and getting it working so you decide and post here.

Note to all users, when you get your next OTA update you'll probably need to make this a system app again.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:51:20 PM by JayJ »

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: ASUS keyboard...for root users only...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »
Even when I had my transformer tab I like the Google one better. I also preferred the Google keyboard over Samsung.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman