March 28, 2024, 06:52:25 AM

collapse

Author Topic: 32GB Nexus 7 'In Store' at Staples/Announcement Imminent  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
32GB Nexus 7 'In Store' at Staples/Announcement Imminent
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:07 PM »

Well we've heard rumors and seen leaked ads, inventory screen shots and even a Japanese customer accidentally receiving a 32GB Nexus 7 in a 16GB box.  The above pic however is the first time we've seen a 32GB N7 in-store here in the good old USA.   The above picture was taken at a Staples and you can clearly see this is a 32GB Nexus 7.  The price?  Well according to the store's computers it'll be $250, the same price as today's 16GB.   The 32GB is expected to be officially introduced on October 29th during Google's Special Event that they've announced but if you say pretty please, you might be able to get a Staples near you to sell you one early.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: 32GB Nexus 7 'In Store' at Staples/Announcement Imminent
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
My guess at the pricing structure after the 32 Gig Nexus is introduced:

• 8 Gig          $99 (May only remain until inventory is depleted or could remain if sales volume justifies it)
  • 16 Gig        $199
  • 32 Gig        $249

I will not complain about paying $249 for my 16 Gig Nexus 7 last July, because I applaud the risk that Google took in breaking the pricing structure set by Android tablet manufacturers, who followed IOS pricing structure. Thanks to Google I will not pay $499 and up, for a tablet again.

S.Prime
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »
I've read conflicting reports over the last few weeks, firstly that the 32GB Nexus 7 is replacing the 16GB model and secondly that the possible $99 model is in fact going to be a single core model??

Offline rpage935

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 03:56:17 AM »
I bought a 32 Gb Nexus 7 last night at the Staples close to my work.  They only had the 8 and 32 models.  The 32 was the same price as the 16 ($249).  Staples was just as surprised as I was.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 10:02:09 AM »
I bought a 32 Gb Nexus 7 last night at the Staples close to my work.  They only had the 8 and 32 models.  The 32 was the same price as the 16 ($249).  Staples was just as surprised as I was.

Congrats!  Mind saying your general geographic location?

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Gunner6101

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 02:28:41 PM »
What a shisty move by Google and asus they should have had the 32 model available right of the bat and no one can say it was a cost stand point memory chips/cards are soo cheap these days.... It was just (Expletive edit) poor engineering and planning of what ppl really wanted and needed

Edit by Moderator
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:18:38 PM by S.Prime »

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
Whining will get you nowhere. iI's Moore's Law at work. Your argument would mean you expect every carmaker to market a convertible model the first model year . Get real.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 05:04:49 PM by birdastrompgman »
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
I just had two in my hands. Their system was ringing them up as $10,999. Add they were looking into this they found a note in the system instructing not to sell them until the 29th under any circumstances.! 

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
I still am skeptical as to whether I'll buy it or not.  I'm content with my 8gb model, and have plenty of cloud space, and the otg cable let's me expand my memory to 1tb, so apace isn't a commodity.
Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

JayJ

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
That's fine if you want to carry an HDD around otherwise it's only of use at home, thumb are great but I'd prefer not to use especially fit storing game data.
And as for cloud storage, it has it's place but isn't practical for regular use whilst staying mobile. I don't have an unlimited data plan and cloud storage whilst mobile requires a data connection so personally I'd prefer more storage on my device.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 08:24:20 PM »
I still am skeptical as to whether I'll buy it or not.  I'm content with my 8gb model, and have plenty of cloud space, and the otg cable let's me expand my memory to 1tb, so apace isn't a commodity.

+1 on dat....
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman