March 28, 2024, 01:53:35 PM

collapse

Author Topic: JUST got off the phone with Google to get some shipping information....  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Mtikoian

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Just like many of you I have been following these forum threads like a crack addict.

I preordered the 27th of June and have been impatiently waiting since...  I called Google and waited for a long time to get the answers from them I was expecting for the most part.  I begged the guy to speculate or wish or pick a number from 14 - 21 just to give some inkling of when the pre-orderers can expect their product??!!  This guy was to smart to answer any speculation questions however so I also asked the following...

People have been calling Google for many days and being told that they "cannot cancel their order".  When I attempted the same I also added that Google has not charged my card yet, so I may have my bank decline the charge from Google, I asked if Google is still going to send me a Nexus 7 if I decline the charges?  In essence canceling my preorder so I can walk over to Staples in a few days... 

He said that he could look into that but the point is that we all need to take into consideration that Google has not charged our accounts yet because the items haven't shipped, so if anyone is serious about not wanting to wait on a preorder when retail stores have them readily available this may be a route to take. 

Google should at least let the consumers know what the status is if they feel that they can lock us into a no way out deal.

Offline Undo

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Patience, Grasshopper.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
I am getting really really annoyed that we have not heard anything from google while staples and office depot are going to start shipping TOMORROW!!!
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
As long as they honor the dates they said in the beginning which was the 19th-25th as I recall I'll be happy.   I wouldn't be surprised if that's a conservative estimate and if many start receiving their Google Play ordered Nexus 7's before that.  I can understand a little frustration if Staples and Office Depot get shipments this Thursday if that rumor is true and our units ordered off the Google site arrive a few days or a week later, but it's not the end of the world.  A month from now we'll all be happily trading stories about our new tablets.  Let's keep things in perspective and civil. :)
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
As long as they honor the dates they said in the beginning which was the 19th-25th as I recall I'll be happy.   I wouldn't be surprised if that's a conservative estimate and if many start receiving their Google Play ordered Nexus 7's before that.  I can understand a little frustration if Staples and Office Depot get shipments this Thursday if that rumor is true and our units ordered off the Google site arrive a few days or a week later, but it's not the end of the world.  A month from now we'll all be happily trading stories about our new tablets.  Let's keep things in perspective and civil. :)

True enough but from what I understand they were hoping to ship this week, not next.  It would be nice if they simply put out a statement. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline Mtikoian

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Agreed, its not my intention to advocate anything uncivil.  My sentiment is that the information being provided to the consumers is far and away from what is realistic and acceptable in this day and age.   Consider how much information is available to you when you purchase from Amazon -  the shipping, payment, &  quantity info is available in real time and can be changed on the fly. 

So  even if we do end up getting these after all the retail stores do the fact that we paid and are now on their quarterly earnings report we should be entitled to something other than a staples ad to know when the product is becoming available.   

Offline stinkyjak

• View Profile
I would have hoped that in an effort to promote their Play Store as a front for more than just digital items... they would honor and ship to the pre-orders on that site before any other outlet. At least those that ordered during the I/O conference. Show some love Google.
"I don't want to conquer anything. I just think the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean... is the Pirate King!" Monkey D Luffy

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There's a few stories around the web that are noting the same frustration with the lack of exact ship date so let's see if Google issues any kind of announcement or comment in the next day or two.  From what I can tell by reading a number of articles the earliest anyone is shipping is the 12th..which here in New York is the day after tomorrow.   Staples is stating 1-3 shipping days so that could mean tablets arriving the 13th-15th.   I wouldn't be surprised myself if those that ordered tablets from Google Play start receiving theirs before the weekend but they'll probably be coming from a number of different distribution centers scattered across the country so some may receive theirs a day a day or two before others etc.  I guess we'll all just have to wait patiently and see how it plays out.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:07:51 PM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
The key to Staples and Office Depot adds are limited quantities and select stores. Marketing advertising is one thing, but delivery is another. If Staples and Office Depot actually have stock before your Google Play device ships and you can drive in and buy one, then make sure you have one in hand before you stop payment on your Google Play order.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline Undo

• View Profile
My guess is that Google is making their best effort to see that everyone gets the new tablet at the same time. In other words, if you ordered direct, it should arrive at your door on the same day you could buy one in a store. That way Google makes the biggest splash. Seems to work for Apple.

Coordinating that to happen is likely difficult, especially if demand has been higher than they expected.

Offline LanceJ

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
JUST got off the phone with Google to get some shipping information....
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
If retail has them before everyone that preordered them then it sort of makes Pre ordering pointless :-(

Offline samalex

• View Profile
If retail has them before everyone that preordered them then it sort of makes Pre ordering pointless :-(

Not really since pre-ordering gets you a $25 credit in Google Play plus a Transformers movie or something like that.  Retail customers won't get that.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Staples is also offering the $25 credit and Transformers movie if I recall right.  Not sure if this is a universal thing or not.

Offline LanceJ

• View Profile
JUST got off the phone with Google to get some shipping information....
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »
Believe it's universal through your gmail...

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
The latest from Staples from my online chat. As you can see they have reached their pre-order limit, but they will be available again for order by the 15th and include the $25 gift card. Office Depot is still accepting pre-orders at this time.:

6:32:10 PM Jim: Initial Question/Comment: I see the Nexus 7 currently shows out of stock and yesterday it was available for pre-order.

6:32:15 PM System: Welcome to Staples.com Live Chat. We will be with you shortly.

6:32:15 PM System: We ask for your assistance: please do NOT send credit card information through chat. Should credit information be required for a transaction, a Staples associate will contact you for the required information

6:32:15 PM System: Todd has joined this session!

6:32:15 PM System: Connected with Todd

6:33:10 PM Jim: If you pre-ordered the Nexus 7 does it ship from Google or Staples?

6:33:10 PM Todd:  Hello Jim, I hope you’re doing well. I’d be happy to assist you with the Nexus 7.

6:34:00 PM Todd: I’m very sorry, but we have reached the limit of presale orders we can accept for the Nexus 7 tablet. We will be offering the item live on Staples.com by 7/15 at the latest, though.

6:34:40 PM Todd: It would ship from our warehouses

6:35:10 PM Todd However, you would still get the $25 gift card if you ordered with us.

6:36:01 PM Jim: If you order on the 15th do you still get the gift card?

6:37:30 PM Todd: I believe, from the information available to me, that you do still receive the gift card.

6:37:50 PM Jim: Thanks Todd

6:38:10 PM Todd: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

6:38:34 PM Jim: That is all. Thanks again
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman